Occasional Contributor

FAVORITE BRANDS/TIPS?

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

I don't buy much from any shopping channel.  Do most of my clothes shopping at Macy's, i.e., Karen Scott, Charter Club, JM.  But at the Q when items are on sale, I've had no problems with D&C and SG.  On HSN, I like Iman, G by  Guiliana, Nina Leonard.  On ShopHQ, OSO Casuals is my favorite.

Would never buy shoes without trying on first unless I already had the shoe and knew that it fit.

Honored Contributor

So very sorry you are having an issue.  I am not a petite and I keep busy in retirement by working for a large national boutique type store.

I would advise you to look at Lands End, Talbots, Soft Surroundings, and J Jill, and other vendors and find the styling which speaks to you.

Honored Contributor

I can't read your whole post due to lack of paragraphs and sentences running together but I get the gist.

I order lots of clothing, too much actually, and almost never send anything back due to sizing.  Before I pull the trigger on any purchase, I consult the actual garment measurements and compare them to a well fitting garment I've taken from my closet and also measured.  I also read reviews and consider the type of fabric, as listed, and its possible stretch factor.

I find that Q clothing, within the various brands, runs very true to size.  So much so that when I receive something new, I often don't bother trying it on until I wear it for the first time.

If you have trouble fitting shoes, I'd buy them only where you can try them on.  They are not necessarily consistent in size.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I buy a lot of clothig here and my favorite line right now is probably Kim Gravel.  I like a lot of her tops.

As for pants, I just lost 20 lbs. and in the past found Quacker Factory's Dream Jeannes to fit well and be very comfortable.  I would love to get more of their straight leg jeans but they are out of almost all sizes and have been so for a long time!

I decided to give Susan Graver & a pair of Logo jeans a try.....keeping my fingers crossed that they fit well and I won't have to return them.

I go by the sizing chart for each individual item....where it says, "To see the specific garment measurements for this item, click here." at the bottom of the description. I find this helps a lot!

Honored Contributor

Re: FAVORITE BRANDS/TIPS?

[ Edited ]

Most of my purchases are:

Pants - from LOGO and Denm & Co 

Tops - I like Tolani and Attitudes.

Most of what QVC sells just isn't my style - but occasionally there will be a piece that "calls my name."

I'll generally watch when LOGO or Renee are on.  I'll run through the "recently on air" for other vendors.

Honored Contributor

@MesaFan  - Maybe you should shop local instead.

Respected Contributor

I would stick with the places you seem to have good luck with already.

I shop around locally and at the Q.  I know my measurements and what styles work better for me.   I like to try on my stuff before I purchase the best, especially in pants.  

I have learned by trial and error what brands work the best for me on the Q.  But the garment measurements and reviews are helpful.