Honored Contributor

Re: FASHION SHOPPING ON ANYONE'S RADAR THIS WEEKEND?

Favorite Son - did you keep the leather dress?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

On 3/9/2014 Bird mama said:

Favorite Son - did you keep the leather dress?

No. It was just too weird looking on me. If it had been mid-knee I might have given it more of a chance, but I really hate it when skirt or dress exposes my knees. So back it went. I also sized up, and it was a little too big now, with about 5 lbs. of extra insulation on my body. Once I get outside here in a couple weeks, that will go away. So I ordered the shells, and will probably be much happier with that more classic look, assuming the leather isn't squeaky.

Honored Contributor

I must admit that I thought of you when I saw her present the shells. I hope that you are pleased with the quality and fit.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

On 3/9/2014 winamac1 said:
On 3/9/2014 SoX said:

Great color ... will go with my new turquoise necklace! And <em>the boots, of course ...</em>Chaco Canyon Couture Multigem

love that necklace! That is gorgeous!

THE boots, of course!

P.S. and by the way, I have bought from this organization before. High quality jewelry and you can deduct a portion of it on your taxes. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

http://www.southwestindian.com/index.cfm

Donations

Any donation, no matter the amount, is a precious gift. Because of our independent status, we at SWIF are able to maximize the spending power of each of our donor dollars. You can be assured that your contribution goes directly to help Native Americans in their most urgent needs. Donations are 100% tax deductible and 65% of the cost of all purchases are tax deductible.

Respected Contributor

On 3/9/2014 Bird mama said:

I must admit that I thought of you when I saw her present the shells. I hope that you are pleased with the quality and fit.

Me too. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the saddle was not terribly yellow looking. I really like that color but it is difficult for me to wear. If they're bad, I'll just head on over and look around on eBay.

Super Contributor

On 3/9/2014 Favorite Son said:
On 3/9/2014 Debbie1426 said:
On 3/9/2014 winamac1 said:

Thanks lola!! I don't know how to do that or I'd post those pic! You're awesome! (I actually don't have it yet, but they ordered it yesterday due to being out of my size).

Love that color Win! I am teaching international finance to a group of executive students. It has been a LOT more work than I anticipated! I finished my lesson plan for this week and feel like I should celebrateSmiley Wink

I remember those days, teaching finance and accounting and economics. The lesson plans are a breeze. Wait until you have to grade papers and exams with all that bad grammar. I suspect that international finance is about as challenging for your students as economics was for mine.

As for shopping, my efforts to be completely no-buy were foiled again. This time it was the GILI leather shells. I've been doing pretty well with that plan, but I can't resist a good piece of classic leather. I'm anxiously awaiting them, and wondering about the quality of the leather. If they are cheesy, I will return and get a Trina Turk piece that has been marked way down.

Favorite Son, I wish these lesson plans were a breeze for me but they are not. Though I am very comfortable with the material, the classes are 3 hours long and involve a lot of planning. Since this is my first class ever, I need to put everything together from scratch which has been quite time consuming. I do hope the class is a challenge but these are mid-level executives who are pretty well educated, so no bad grammar to deal with. LOL
Valued Contributor

I've gone crazy for the seafoam color this Spring (at Chicos, this is the agate color). I've been searching for wedge sandals and finally found a pair at DSW. They're the Sofft Paharita wedge sandals in sea foam. Keeping my fingers crossed that they will match. I have Havianas in pool green but wanted something dressier for our anniversary trip in May. Hopefully, this will do it. I received the Logo TSV vest in the sea glass color, and it matches the tops I already have. I like that it's sleeveless and has pockets. I can layer it over the other pieces for a different look. I just ordered a Belle Gray drape front cardigan in mint green to see if it will coordinate with my other pieces. It's item number A231586. I own this in grey and wear it all the time. I hope the green is not too pastel. I also ordered a pair of slim leg jeans from Chicos in the ecru color. That's it for this weekend. On Thursday I picked up a crocheted tank with fringe trim in the ecru color and a lace scarf with fringe trim in the same color at Chicos. The store at our local mall had a big sale with an exta 25% off everything, including clearance. I'm almost set for Spring and Summer. Edited for dyslexic misspelling. My fingers don't do what my brain tells them!
Valued Contributor

On 3/9/2014 lolakimono said:

Win,

Here is your hoodie.

Love! These are the colors I have been buying this Spring. Win, you'll look great in this. Thanks for posting the pic, Lola!
Valued Contributor

I just purchased four tops from the Q after looking in the mall for the same style of top with no luck. I have these tops already in different colors and like the Q's better. Susan Graver butterknit v-neck top and I use them for layering and wearing with scarves and fit me nice and not tight in the chest. Wash and wear well and goes with everything. They are really nice under sweaters and doesn't make me hot but adds some warmth too when it is cold.

I know some don't care for butterknit but for me as a layering piece and her lace cami's are my favorite.

Easy Does it Day works for me and buy more and save so I went for it. I could have gotten away with just two but what the heck I love them so why not. Now let's hope they are as nice and fit as well as the ones I already have.

Honored Contributor

On 3/9/2014 Belle_Femme said:
On 3/9/2014 lolakimono said:

Win,

Here is your hoodie.

Love! These are the colors I have been buying this Spring. Win, you'll look great in this. Thanks for posting the pic, Lola!

Belle-you'd look great in this color too!! You may have to order it though as they were really low on sizes in this color! I tried on one for fit in a different color so knew which one I'd need. It appeared to run small as an FYI.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"