Honored Contributor

Re: FASHION DAY SHOULD BE CALLED DOONEY & BOURKE DAY!

Better Dooney than B.Mak.

A day of B.Mak is like a day with a stick in your eye.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I do like, and own their bags, but don't need any more handbags. If I was going to buy the TSV, I would have chosen the white one. It sold out quickly, which saved me some money. I would also prefer to see more clothing sold on fashion day, and more variety, and new designers. We can dream, can't we?
Honored Contributor

I carry only leather bags, and I've never seen a Dooney I'd even consider. The bags are dtoo masculine, except for the child-size handles. Dangling straps encourage purse snatching ... all someone has to do is run up behind you and slide it off your arm. (I learned that in a women's self defense course).

On the other hand, at least they don't collapse into shapeless heaps when you take the paper stuffing out of them.

Honored Contributor

On 5/4/2014 Raider Fan said:

The Q has thousands of new viewers every day. Electronics, cameras, beauty products, food, kitchen products, clothing, whatever a person is interested in they try to grab them then get them to watch other shows. Dooney people watch because the prices are cheaper than at b&m stores. The Dooney shows were strategically placed to hook new viewers to stick around and watch d&co or SG. We get tired of Susan always telling the viewers that liquid knit is her signature fabric and telling the Dottie Graver story, etc. It is for the new viewers, they don't care about us, they know we most likely will be watching. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Then they'd be wrong. I think there are more than a handful of us that aren't watching because we've grown weary of the same stuff different day approach to programming. And incidentally, Dooney is not cheaper here than at brick and mortar stores. Most of the time, QVC not only expects full retail but tacks on hefty shipping charges. You might (repeat might) catch a deal on a TSV or an OTO, but more times than not Dooney bags can be found elsewhere for the same prices or for far less, since stores have actual sales and clearance. and other on-line resources often ship free at the price point commanded by most Dooney bags.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

On 5/4/2014 champagnepoodle said:

Borrrring...Lets get a different line. Can you say Michael Kors?

Love, love Michael Kors. Would love to see his line on the Q. Don't own a Dooney and never will, just not appealing to me. I don't like structured bags but for those of you who love Dooneys and got the TSV , I hope you enjoy them.
Respected Contributor

That's true, so I just didn't watch fashion day ... at all.

Regular Contributor

I agree...totally a snooze fest...what happened to all the supposedly new fashions?

Too many Dooneys...the Q has really missed the fashion boat...must be more profit in handbags than clothes?

Trusted Contributor

How about hours of real designers like Louis del'olio, George Simonton and Marc Brouwer ? And I'm getting sick of Lori Goldstein and those same style shirts with the wings at the hips. Just what a woman needs, to accentuate the hips, that is unless you have no hips. Sorry but I just can't understand her being a designer, she certainly doesn't look like one or design like one. I know there are probably many of you who love that look and if you do,I'm sure you look good in that style but not this curvy woman!
Valued Contributor

Or at least calling QVC the SG show. I am sick of her too! Her liquid knit is not exclusive to her. She can only claim the stupid name. I used to like her but she is on too much and the clothes shown time after time get boring. I hope the producers read these forums.

Super Contributor

Agree - way too many Dooney shows. Fashion Day overall was a bust. I saw about 3 things worth tuning in for.

I bet tonight on PM Style, all of the non-sellers will be paraded before us yet again.