Honored Contributor

Re: Extra length QVC adds on to plus sizes

@ellaphant wrote:

I no longer buy clothing from QVC. I am 5'1" and 105 lbs. Q's tops are often way over-sized and I sweaters, tops, etc., are often too long on me . Too much wasted postage,

Exactly.  I'm thin with a small bottom. Outside of QVC, you see plenty of shorter tops.  Almost all tops on QVC are 26" and over. In mall stores, I find tops 22", 24" etc.  Even shorter.  I can only assume  reason QVC does this this, is because some women want that.  To hide their hips, bottoms, etc. Cover this, cover that. 

Trusted Contributor

Most of their tops are way too long, and most of thier pants are way too short.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some of QVC tops look like you're wearing dresses over pants.  I haven't dressed that way since I was in Religious Primary School.  

Respected Contributor

the first thing i check when i look at a top online is the length.   did you check in the description box to see what the length was before you ordered? 

Regular Contributor

This is exactly why Talbots is my new favorite place to shop ... they offer Plus PetiteSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

Most of their tops are way too long, and most of thier pants are way too short.  

I find most of the pants are way too long.  I wear petite pants and most petites don't wear a 28 or 29" inseam.  Seems like all I do is hem pants.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I’m 5’10” and a size 2x and QVC tops are often too short for me.
Regular Contributor

I get some tops at Lands End. The quality is great and they also have petite plus. It seems like most plus sized clothing is extra long. Have you ever looked at the mannequins at Lane Bryant?? They are around 6’4”!!!! And the tops are long on them!!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am 5 ft and I want my  tops to be at least 25 inches. I like them even longer. It is a good look for me. It makes me appear longer in the torso...I can't stand a skimpy top ,that shows your belly ,if you lift your arms. I am not a plus size , but ,I like a top to fall past my hips

Regular Contributor

I don't understand why the extra length in the sleeves and length as the size increases, either. The pants or skirt length doesn't increase in larger sizes.

I think you could still shop at Q but maybe you'll have better luck in the future since now you have a guideline/idea of measurements that work for you. That is, look at the garment measurements of your recent returns as a guideline for what works for you.

I had ordered a denim jacket but I now know I cannot order a denim jacket from Q because the sleeves are too long. I want my sleeves to hit at just the right spot without rolling it up. I do not like my sleeves or jeans to puddle.