Honored Contributor

A comfy, cozy top with brushed fleece on the outside and not inside.  It's french terry.  It's not cozy and warm if the fleece is on the outside and not next to your skin.  The model is rubbing up and down her arms and caressing the outside.  Silly.

Honored Contributor

The fleece can keep you warm on the outside.  I have half a dozen lined with nylon fleece coats that are quite warm.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor
1st world problems.
Honored Contributor

@all wrote:
1st world problems.

No.  I posted this in fashion.  Not world problems.

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 Fleece must be a good insulator and traps the body heat regardless of the interior lining. 

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@rms1954 Fleece must be a good insulator and traps the body heat regardless of the interior lining. 

Yeah, I get that if it's a coat, but a sweatshirt has fleece on the inside for a reason.  So to me it's like wearing a sweatshirt inside out. I'd rather have the fleece next to my skin.

Respected Contributor

Your Post makes sense. I would want the desirable texture against my skin. Nobody is petting us. Not even ourselves, reallly. Even so, I'd rather have it on my skin.

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

A comfy, cozy top with brushed fleece on the outside and not inside.  It's french terry.  It's not cozy and warm if the fleece is on the outside and not next to your skin.  The model is rubbing up and down her arms and caressing the outside.  Silly.

Maybe she is suggesting people will want to pet you.  I agree with you, I would rather have the cozy inside.

Back in the 80s, when I was in college, a male friend of mine had a wool trench coat lined with the most beautiful mink that no one would see unless he took the coat in front of them.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954   Sometimes I just like the look of a texture. There are lots of times I wear my plain sweatshirts inside out. They look kind of "different" & unexpected that way. I'm just as warm if they were turned the other way. 

Honored Contributor

I get what you're saying.  If I had to choose, I'd want the most comfy and soft texture next to my skin.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin