Re: Experience with Chadwicks?

I used to get that years ago but don't get any catalogs at all now,

but just looked at the website

and what is nice is the size ranges

petites, plus, talls,  

wides must be for shoes 

Frequent Contributor

@Witchy Woman My pug is a sweet 9-year old boy named Tommy. He is quiet and laid back, too (quite the couch snuggler). 

I will I’ll probably try out one or two items from Chadwicks and get a feel for the quality.

Respected Contributor

It's not the original Chadwicks, which filed for bankruptcy in 2011.  It is owned by an investment firm.  there is a website.

the shipping would deter me. it's  based upon total purchase dollars and starts at $7.99 for $19.99 and under and goes up the more one spends. .Returns are $7.50.  there are promo codes though

Honored Contributor

A HUGE blast from my past too - like 30 yrs or who really knows!!!  I too as a working woman who needed to look nice in the office bought LOTS of clothes from chadwick's. Most everything was great, I rarely ever returned anything. However, funny as this may be, my very last transaction was a return that they still owe me for. I didn't persue because I didn't know they went belly up for a few years. Then somehow they came back more than likely bailed out by somebody.

They've now been back for some years because they never dropped me from their mailing list - I still am getting their catalogues. Most everything still looks good and of good quality. I'm retired now almost 6 years so I don't need what they sell but I'm usually tempted by a few of their sweaters or coats for instance.

Respected Contributor

Wow, Chadwicks, now there's a name I haven't heard in forever!  I ordered from them way back in the day before the internet and on-line shops.  It's hard to imagine ordering from a catalog anymore.  The Chadwicks I remember had good, middle-of-the-road quality clothing.  I would compare them to Dress Barn maybe?

Respected Contributor

I used to order from Chadwicks many years ago, when they had actual catelogs but no website yet.  For some reason, I stopped for years, but then started up again recently.  No problems, no issues, good quality.  They do "basics" very well.  Prices are good (especially if you get the emails offering discounts).   Not the quickest shipping in the world, if that matters to you.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

@PugdogMom 

I'm a cat person, but my friend's Pug stole my heart.  He was found roaming in the middle of the street and my friend snatched him up.

He was chipped, but owners never returned my friend's call to say he had been found.  All the better, as now, he has a wonderful loving home and I get to pet sit.

Give Tommy a hug from me!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered so many lovely things from them back in the 80's and never returned a thing.  I did forget about them until about a year ago one of my office neighbors a few floors down had their catalog delivered here by mistake.  During lunch I laid on the couch and poured all through it.  Took me back in time but still very nice.  I returned to her on my way down at the end of the day and passed on my Thanks for lunch.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Frequent Contributor

Thank you all for the Chadwicks insight. I didn’t realize they were such a “blast from the past”! I took a chance and ordered one blouse, one pair of pants and a dark olive knit jean-style jacket. I went to retailmenot and found a 20% off plus free shipping code. This will give me an idea of the fabric quality. I will let you know my experience with current Chadwicks.

Super Contributor

Get their catalogs and always tempted but shipping charges are very high. Bought a few things from them when they had some sort of club that offered free shipping/returns when you joined it. This was 5-6 years ago and I don't think it's available anymore. In terms of what I bought, it was okay but not special enough to justify the current shipping charges. If you prefer to buy from a printed catalog and feel okay about paying for shipping, then I think they are worth trying out. If you are fan of buying from online consignment stores, maybe do a search for something from Chadwicks that someone else is selling? If you do buy something, let us know!