Honored Contributor

I'm wondering whether AT's exchange policy is generally universal:

I had ordered two of the same midi dress in two petite sizes in order to choose the right fit. All dresses were on sale for $75. When they arrived and I tried them on, they were not midi on me at all; they came to my knees. I am just under 5"4' so pretty much on the cusp. But I am very thin so thought petite would be best.

I checked the measurements online, and the regular size was three inches longer. So I called and asked to exchange them for the two smalles regular sizes. The CS rep that I could exchange them but only for the current price, not the $75 deal.

I asked why because I'd not enountered that before. She said that the petite and the regular, even in the same item, are considered different and have different identifying numbers and that you can only exchange for the exact same item.

I asked to talk to a supervisor. The rep came back and told me that they would honor the original just this once as a courtesy.

Is the norm?

BTW, the regulars were a perfect length but too baggy. :-( I thought I could make one of them work for me unitl I asked my husband's opinion. Without any prompting, he said too big and not flattering.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor

Re: Exchanges at Ann Taylor?

This type of thing happened to me at Athleta.  Bought some workout pants online and they did not fit.  Went to the store to exchange for a different size and they told me I could not do an even exchange honoring the 20% off I recieved with the initial pair.  I would have to pay full price.  Thats the most ridiculous thing.  I pushed the sales associate who had the manager come out and then they agreed to an even exchange.  Jeepers.