Respected Contributor

Even people who are into watches joke about Invicta.

But here's the thing: they sell a lot and they are going to get the aittime. Like Dooney and Bourke, Denim and Co and LOGO. And Invicta does put out a quality watch for the money. I am not impressed with One World.  They might be nicer in the retail stores. I get sick of looking at Kate and Mallory and sheets. 

Anybody that bombs at the other 2 networks ends up there. That goes for hosts also.

Years ago, they had very high quality items. They have gone through so many changes just to stay alive.

Shopnbc was never QVC or HSN. (Have the ename evine._

Esteemed Contributor

I am not a live TV person when it comes to shopping channels.  But I do check in and whenever I do watch for a few minutes all I see is watches and more watches.  I have given up even checking to see what they have.  Not a fan.

Trusted Contributor

I would not equate them with the old QVC.  They will have days and days and days and DAYS of Invicta.

I do watch when they have fashion on, and I have purchased a few items, but in general, I don't think the clothing quality is as good as Q's.  

Sorry to hear Dominique Dinuoart has left QVC.  I loved her jewelry -- but much of it was too large for my taste.  If she could have "downsized" a bit, I would have been more interested.  Hope she does well at EVine.

Respected Contributor

Re: Evine is the new QVC

[ Edited ]

I think Evine is trying to capture the shoppers who are more interested in cheap prices and stretch pay than they are in quality.  That's not meant as an insult or a slap.  It's just that there are a lot of QVC and HSN customers who balk at paying $50 or $60 for top or a pair of pants.  That's just out of their price range.  And there are shoppers who need stretch pay.  Evine wants those customers.  The fashions on Evine tend to be commensurate with the prices.  I watched some of their recent fall fashion segments and while the prices were quite low and everything seemed to be on 5 or 6 payments; the knits were tissue paper thin, the colors loud and the prints were bright and wild.  It just was not quality merchandise.  But it was affordable.  I noticed also that many vendors that QVC and HSN dropped are on Evine now and other vendors have "copied" higher priced shopping channel vendors.  Maybe going after the "budget" customer will work for them, maybe it won't.  I suspect Levine's line will just be more of what Evine already sells.  Low price/low quality clothing.  They might indeed have some better quality clothing; comparable to QVC and HSN but I've haven't seen it.  For me Evine is thumbs down on clothing but I think they are comparable to the other shopping channels with everything else.  Probably better when it comes to jewelry. 

Honored Contributor

I don't buy the better quality on HSN or QVC argument. I've purchased from all 3 channels and have recently returned apparrel to both HSN (pants) and QVC (boots) for inferior quality.

The clothing I've returned to evine has been about sizing..

evine has competitive prices across the board.

My husband is driving me nuts over the Swagway we purchased for $100.00 less than the Amazons price! 'did you get the email saying it's on the way yet??' lol

Honored Contributor

I still like the Q's offerings the best , but I do buy from Evine when it comes to skin care and artisan silver jewelry. I just bought 2 bracelets from Samuel B. yesterday, his stuff from Bali is the best. I don't care for HSN at all, but I do buy supplements from them. I hope the hosts on Evine don't start acting like the hosts on the Q because I actually like watching their shows.

Trusted Contributor

I've been switching over to them a lot more lately too.  I like that their hosts talk about the product.  Q has become a little too "tent revival" for me.  I don't really like religion mixed in with my shopping.  I go to church for that and I don't need to "hear your soul speak."

Honored Contributor

Bellabutterfly, you could not have said it betterSmiley Happy  I totally agree.  I shop around.  I purchase from all 3. 

Honored Contributor

I buy on Evine on free shipping days with their CC. BTW, there is a coupon for today for 15% off  TREAT15

Trusted Contributor

Re: Evine is the new QVC

[ Edited ]

I have access to an abundance of shopping - some within walking distance.  With that being said - for me to purchase from a shopping channel the value has to be there.

I have 10 Troll bracelets (I have been collecting for over 10 years at least) - some filled out completely and some bracelets have 6-8 silver or glass beads.  Evine has excellent values on their Troll merchandise when on sale.  

I like QVC for Wen and Barbara Bixby (I thought I was over her ....).  I tried the fragrance Clean and was sorely disappointed - nobody could catch a whiff after 90 minutes.  I usually wear Chanel - and I know that has staying power so I will stick with that.  I was looking forward to smelling like clean sheets and towels but until I can find a fragrance that can hold up like Chanel ... if you have any ideas let me know.  

I really USE these Shopping Channel if I am going to purchase something.  For instance - everyone loved the Shark vaccumms - I ended up purchasing a Shark somewhere else, cheaper, but if it where not for QVC and their customer reviews I would never have considered that vendor.  I have friends who dispise their Dysons - so when I was in the market for a vacumm I never considered Dyson for a vaccumm. 

I do not have time to sit and watch a lot of demonstrations - but I will watch cooking demo's and beauty when time is I have the time.  

I do not think Evine is anywhere near what QVC is.  Q has the sets and the Hosts and maybe one day they will 'capture' the Vendors that are on par (SERIOUSLY - who buys crystal anymore ... SERIOUSLY).