Esteemed Contributor

I haven't watched since they switched from being ShopNBC.  I once thought about ordering when they were ShopNBC, but the online measurements seemed way off, and customer service wasn't helpful.  Since some of you speak highly of Evine, I'll give it a try this weekend.  However, I didn't see anything in Kathy L's preview collection that I'd want to buy.  (Someone posted info about it in another thread, so I was able to see it online.)

Regular Contributor

I shop at all three shopping channels. I've purchased a lot of jewelry long time ago (over 5 years) when they would have those gem anniversary. One of my most successful gifts were when I bought a dozen of Sony portable chargers and gave it to everyone and didn't hear the end of it of how much they loved it. (Yeah, no one said anything about the portable phone chargers I've bought elsewhere because they weren't impressed.)

I stopped watching shopping channels while working because I would just buy everything they presented (umm... hello QVC). My first purchase at HSN was a Compaq computer with different color faceplates that ended up almost 2,000 and lasted me a little over a year.

QVC, I shopped so much that I would receive 3-4 cards from them a year with all the hosts' signature and coupons for easy pay (I've never used easy pay and if I ever did it was an oversight.)

I continue to shop at all 3 because they all have great customer service.

Oh yeah, a few days ago I got a coupon from Evine with 50.00 off of a purchase of 100.00 or more expiring Oct 30. I gave the code to my gf she wasn't able to use it. So my nephew's gonna get an awesome speaker that he wanted. Incredibly, the only restrictions were to be used by adressee, cannot be applied to shipping or sales tax (but Evine doesn't charge sales tax). I think that's absolutely the first coupon that you can use towards electronics.

Only fashion I've ever bought from Evine is a One World dress. I was familiar with One World because awhile ago I bought a One World sweater coat and it was great. I liked the dress but it was really big (I thought the size would be comparable to the sweater coat I bought at Carsons, junior size) so I gave it to my gf and she wears it all the time. I like their dresses: it's light and great for Chicago summer. I almost bought Evine's cape they had for their TSV the other day because it looked shorter and was real cute but decided to read the description and as soon as I saw Dry Clean Only it was a no go.

Respected Contributor

Re: Evine is the new QVC

[ Edited ]

I occasionally buy from Evine but did tons of shopping years ago with ShopNBC when gold was much cheaper and thank goodness I did..I scored some great buys of 18K for 20 bucks a gram..Thanks to them I have one of the nicest gold collections!

I bought a bunch of earrings over the summer for vacation.. When I put them in my cart they were $2.99 shipping..I got busy and didn't check out that day and did it the next day..NOT realizing it was a weekend special and shipping doubled..I didn't even pay attention/notice until I looked at the on confirmation days later to track the progress of the delivery..oops my fault.....and then I couldn't cancel. Lesson learned for sure..

I hardly buy anything from Q in years..just the other day I did purchase a gray leather blazer for 99 bucks on clearance..I have been looking to add gray to my collection and could never find one!  

Has anyone tried one of those Swagway balancing scooter things? They look like a great Christmas gift for my kids. Wondering if anyone has seen them. They've been on EVINE quite a bit lately.
Honored Contributor

I actually have a friend who has one.  She had it at her office.  I am not sure I could ride one but they look fun.  I think we will be seeing a lot them after Christmas.  She loves itSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor
@CCKMN: cant get my husband off of it lol but be careful as it really works your calves thigh muscles and core! Take it slow to start. The next day after getting it he rode it around for about 3 miles!