Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

Speaking of the OTHER TSV, the boots, I'm kicking (sic) myself for not getting them! By the time I decided to pull the trigger they were out of my size in every color!

Meanwhile the TS the next day on HSN were the IDENTICAL V. Camuto fringe ankle boots for more than twice the price! grrr

I loved those Matisse boots, but I forgot to order.  They were darling.  I liked them as much as the VC ones-or more.  The VC ones were cute, but they had too high of a heel for me.  The matisse heel was perfect!  

You're probably right about them being a higher heel. the one pair I have I can't wear because of the heel but boy are they spectacular!

There was a wider selection of colors in the VC but I still wanted the natural in the Matisse. Was it mushroon on HSN? I've since checked but they haven't replenished. That's the single drawback of shopping evine; they don't keep a huge inventory like the other 2 channels..

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

Speaking of the OTHER TSV, the boots, I'm kicking (sic) myself for not getting them! By the time I decided to pull the trigger they were out of my size in every color!

Meanwhile the TS the next day on HSN were the IDENTICAL V. Camuto fringe ankle boots for more than twice the price! grrr

I loved those Matisse boots, but I forgot to order.  They were darling.  I liked them as much as the VC ones-or more.  The VC ones were cute, but they had too high of a heel for me.  The matisse heel was perfect!  

You're probably right about them being a higher heel. the one pair I have I can't wear because of the heel but boy are they spectacular!

There was a wider selection of colors in the VC but I still wanted the natural in the Matisse. Was it mushroon on HSN? I've since checked but they haven't replenished. That's the single drawback of shopping evine; they don't keep a huge inventory like the other 2 channels..

Hi Andrea.  I'm not sure which ones you are referring to.  I wanted the black matisse.  I  think they may have had natural too.  The VC ones certainly weren't too high for many.  It's just that I"m five 8.  I think if one is five 4 or five 5, they'd be PERFECT.  I did love the style.  My personal preference is about 2.5 inches to 3 inches max.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

The Evine duster and the TSV tall boots came today, and both of them are just SMASHING. They look great together. The boots are so comfy, and the duster will be perfect with leggings. I really really love them both.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@BriggsiePeawiggle wrote:

The Evine duster and the TSV tall boots came today, and both of them are just SMASHING. They look great together. The boots are so comfy, and the duster will be perfect with leggings. I really really love them both.

I'm so happy that you love your items @BriggsiePeawiggle!  Especially the duster...I have the Q's Halston duster on advance order and am really looking forward to it.  Haven't worn a duster in a-g-e-s.  Looking forward to this blast from the past.  

Valued Contributor

Thank you, Islandgirl. I hope you totally love your duster, too. I searched high and low last winter for longer cardigan type sweaters. I'm tall, and I'm not wearing leggings unless I can cover up some, and I don't want something short because I look ridiculous with all that leg hanging out at my age. It just feels wrong. I'm still in good shape pretty much, but I just think way too short isn't good on someone my age. Layering with sweaters works for me. This duster is going to be great with my winter clothes.

Valued Contributor

Do you have an item number for the Halston duster? I'd love to see it.

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Evine Live Duster TTV

[ Edited ]

@BriggsiePeawiggle

A272457

image.jpg

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MaggieMack wrote:

That IS crazy about the Matisse boots! I bought the VC on HSN at the special value price in plum. The only thing that makes me feel ok about it is that the Matisse weren't offered in a wine shade. Also, I have several pairs of VC boots and have always been happy with the value, very well constructed and wear forever. And the ladies at the Style Encore store (they buy used designer clothing) always love it when I show up with some VC offerings. (They won't take anything Susan Graver.)

I have no Matisse shoes so I don't know anything about the quality of them.  I have plenty of VC shoes and boots and with the exception of 1 pair that was crazy uncomfortable, I have loved them all and they do hold up well and wear like iron.

Since you wanted a specific color, I think you did great getting the VC boots.  I would have done a basic which was available in either.  My problem with the Matisse is I'm not sure what size to order.  In VC I take a 7 1/2 but in some shoes I need an 8.  Evine doesn't refund original s/h so it would be an expense for me to buy a pair and have to send them back.

I could go either way with the heel height.  The Matisse are an inch lower but I'd be okay with the VC heel too.

Enjoy your new boots!     

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh wow....thank you, Islandgirl. That is really beautiful, and I love the blush so.......I just ordered it. LOL

Respected Contributor

@BriggsiePeawiggle Please thank @MaggieMack for the duster info.  She beat me to the draw.  I hope you love your blush duster from Halston.  I'll be very curious to hear how you think it compares to your Evine duster.