Esteemed Contributor

Every order is “in process”

It seems that every order is "in process", even if you ordered the item 3 minutes ago. You used to be able to cancel an order, even within an hour. Now, it's etched in stone, and there are no changes to be made. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Every order is “in process”

@Effie54 wrote:

It seems that every order is "in process", even if you ordered the item 3 minutes ago. You used to be able to cancel an order, even within an hour. Now, it's etched in stone, and there are no changes to be made. 

@Effie54 

Trap to keep you from canceling.  Same thing happened to me.  I had ordered the wrong size, could not cancel.  Could not get customer support to respond.  Finally received the merchandise after more than a week and paid someone to alter the pants for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been told they can't cancel when the order is immediately sent to the vendor for shipment. IOW, they're blaming it on the vendor and could easily cancel it.

Trusted Contributor

my Nespresso has said 'preparing your order' for over a monthSmiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, had the same happen to me . Seems to me it just traps you. If it's the vendor than what in the world are they doing ? Are they selling items they do not have in stock ?  Are they waiting for people to return merchandise  so they can resell ? Or are they just waiting to get a numeric amt of an sales on a particular item ?

Honored Contributor

I'm able to cancel an order "in process".  Once it transitions to "preparing your order", I can't.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

QVC can establish it's own practices, of course they can--every retailer does this.

But I would strongly suggest (and GREATLY appreciate!) a clearer definition of what these practices really are, so we can avoid mistakes.

I agree there needs to be a reasonable window for cancellation--an hour would be the absolute minimum, and IMO it should be longer. Again, whatever the window is, it needs to be unabiguous and easy to find--and the same for all items and orders.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I buy from several online sites and none of them let you cancel once you submit and pay.  Q used to allow it, but it was not a given.  They are no different than any other retailer.  Have you ordered online from Kohls, Target, Macy's etc?  They do not let you cancel either.  Bottom line is be sure when you hit submit because if you change your mind you will have to pay to return.

Esteemed Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

I buy from several online sites and none of them let you cancel once you submit and pay.  Q used to allow it, but it was not a given.  They are no different than any other retailer.  Have you ordered online from Kohls, Target, Macy's etc?  They do not let you cancel either.  Bottom line is be sure when you hit submit because if you change your mind you will have to pay to return.

@Catch71 , my understanding is you don't pay until they ship. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Effie54 

Trap to keep you from canceling.  Same thing happened to me.  I had ordered the wrong size, could not cancel.  Could not get customer support to respond.  Finally received the merchandise after more than a week and paid someone to alter the pants for me.

It seems rather unfair on the Q's part (and short sighted) for a customer not to be able to cancel within say an hour or so. We used to be able to edit or cancel all the way up until the item was actually processed. I have an item that has not shipped, and is no longer available. I'm betting that it was sold by mistake and I'll get a note saying it was sold out - and sorry, we can't ship it.