Super Contributor

Re: Every Woman Has At Least 3 Sizes In Her Closet? T/F

this amuses me because i thought i was the only one. i'm glad to know i'm in good company ladies. 

Frequent Contributor

I have 4 sizes in my closet.  Maybe it's time I had a closet clean-out!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I have 4 sizes in my closet but it is because Vendor's sizing vary so much.  My size hasn't changed.

A small in one brand is a large in another brand.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had two sizes 3 years ago.Some due to the manufactuer. I lost a lot of weight due to a health issue. Now I have 5 sizes!!! I am sorry I got rid of some of my really nice bigger clothes. I am still have health issues but I am going to get rid of the extra small.

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

Well, yes, but not because some fit and some don't. As others have said, manufacturers' sizing is all over the place, so I have pants (for example) in three different sizes that all fit me. 

@jonbon 

Exactly what I was going to post. 👍

Esteemed Contributor

The majority of the items in my closet are what fits me now.  I do have a few items that are a smaller size for that "one day when I lose weight".  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

Every woman has at least 3 sizes in her closet is an old, old saying.

Do you?

I do.....I have from a size 2( was there in  2013...loved it but NOT a realistic size for me)  to a 6 to a 8-10.  

I keep the 2's for wishful thinking.....the rest for REALITY🙁

I find it amusing reading through the posts how many blame having several sizes on the manufacture sizing ...... I should have thought of that darn it! Decided to be honest instead I guess😄

Occasional Contributor

Who cares what size? If it looks good and you love it, wear it. Cut out the size tag. Who knows what size we're wearing, we don't wear our clothes inside out.

Honored Contributor

I have three:  XL, 1X, and 2X.  I can wear most of them at any given moment, I do fluctuate within a 30 lb. range.  Of course I don't order structured anything, they aren't in style right now anyway.  

Honored Contributor

No.  Now I could have said that back after I had my son in 1983.  It took me five months to get back to a size 2 and right at his first birthday to get back to a 0.  Been there ever since.  As cheap as I am and still  are having some really old clothes I do not believe I have any maternity or early post pregnancy clothes left.  0 and a few size 1 Gap jeans which are old themselves.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."