Respected Contributor

Every Plus Size Woman Isn't Tall!

Quacker Factory has finally gone over the top.  Jean Bice would be furious.  Now all the 1X size tops are 29" long or longer!  I'm 5'4" and can't wear QF anymore.  What were they thinking!

Valued Contributor

Re: Every Plus Size Woman Isn't Tall!

No they are not.  I found some that are 28 inches for a 3X. 

Also depending on the fabric, once washed they shrink a inch or so. 

Definitely keep this in mind.  Read the fabric.  And just cause it says it doesn't shrink, often it does, just a bit.

Respected Contributor

I went through page after page (100s) of QF tops and they were all 29" or longer.  Maybe there are a few that are shorter, but the 29" is now standard for 1X.  I don't have the time to search for shorter ones.

Respected Contributor

The flip side of that is every women is tall is also not a plus size. They need to make clothes for real women of all sizes and shapes. A 32" inseam is not long for a long legged women.

Respected Contributor

Several reasons above for why it's foolish for me to order clothing from QVC anymore.  I'm 5'1" and have been most comfy in a large for a while. Now most size large garments are too big. I weigh 3 pounds less, but haven't been a QVC Medium for years.  (Don't like tight clothing!)

Honored Contributor

@Kitlynn wrote:

The flip side of that is every women is tall is also not a plus size. They need to make clothes for real women of all sizes and shapes. A 32" inseam is not long for a long legged women.

Good point.  I don't even know a tall woman who is a plus size!

Respected Contributor

29" is not long enough! I am 5'8" and if I raise my hands my belly will be showing! I've learned to be very picky about tops, and always wear a cami with the shorter ones.

Honored Contributor

The QF vendor (Angel?), did she gain her weight back?  I seem to remember she was losing weight prior to her wedding.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I agree, I always thought that they thought every plus size woman was short. I recently lost 58 pounds and am no longer a plus size but when I was it was difficult to find pants long enough for me. I have to have at least a 32 inch inseam. At least now they are doing 31 inch in the old days standard pant legs were 29 inches and I struggled a lot with that. I used to take the hem down and re-hem the pant maybe about 1/8 inch so I could get the extra fabric. I still struggle with it today. 34 is a tad too long for me.

Respected Contributor

The title made me laugh because I always say the opposite.