Honored Contributor

Re: Ever wore 20 year old jeans?

I do not own any jeans that are 20 years old. I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out if anything other than my wedding dress is that old. My weight fluctuates a lot due to health issues so my clothing sizes change often. 

Esteemed Contributor

I always say - "If my clothes/shoes don't last 20 years ---- I shouldn't have bought it." Today I'm wearing a green Sports Savvy top (SS was merged into D&C), long sleeves with a hood - purchased from the Q around 10 yrs ago. I consider that "middle-age."

Honored Contributor

After reading the thread I went through my jeans and pulled out some 20 y o Helfigers. This time instead of just trying them on I snapped some pics.

The bizarrely wide leg opening looked ridic! They weren't a wide leg or a boot cut and just  not a good look! They went into the bag...

Respected Contributor

I still wear a 20+ yr old pair of G Vanderbuilt jeans. They were black but now almost a grey, slightest boot cut and just below my belly button. If you didnt know how old they were, you would never guess. They still look great and r in one piece! I bought a blue pair at the same time but wore them till they got rips, now very much in style. If I only knew it would be a style I would still have those too. Darnit!

Honored Contributor

let me see if I can remember 20 years ago. LOL

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Yes!  I have 2 pair of Levi's 577's that I have had for at least 20 yrs.   They don't make them any longer.   At least the last time I checked they were not.   

They are so soft and comfy from all the washings and so far no holes!!Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

@Newgate wrote:

Yes!  I have 2 pair of Levi's 577's that I have had for at least 20 yrs.   They don't make them any longer.   At least the last time I checked they were not.   

They are so soft and comfy from all the washings and so far no holes!!Woman Wink

I love my old Levi's.   They're so comfy and wear like iron and no stretch h in them!