Honored Contributor

Ever wore 20 year old jeans?

Today I wore  some D&CO pull on jeans  that I probably bought 20 years ago! They fit perfect and are so cute on. Glad I saved them from the Good Will  donation bag😄 Need to shop my own closet more often🙂

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Ever wore 20 year old jeans?

I have a lot of clothing that is 20 years old and older.  I am thrilled that some of it it still fits!

i don't think I have jeans that old, jeans styles change, but I do have some wonderful 100% wool coats that you can't find anymore at any price.  I also have some wool trousers, jackets and silk dresses and blouses.

I still wear two pairs of shorts that I bought to take to Hawaii for my 20 wedding anniversary,trip. I am now married almost 46 years....love them and can't give them up.

I buy classic pieces made from good quaility fabric with great workmnship and it lasts for years.

Not everything still fits though.  My body is like a yo-yo....up and down size wise.

Contributor

Yes, as a matter of fact, I wear clothes from my closet that are more than 20 years old. I love the comfort of real cotton with no plastic in them. Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I don't have 20 year old jeans, but I have a couple pairs from Loft that are 12 or 13 yeasrs old.  I actually cut one pair down into shorts last year.  Might do that with the second pair as well.  I've gotten a LOT of wear out of these!

Trusted Contributor

yes! i had several, but then i also have lots of new ones, so i donated the bulk of it. i kept one though and it still fits perfectly 

Honored Contributor

No.  I don't keep my clothes anywhere near that long.  My two leather jackets are about 15 years old,  I was thinking about that last week when I cleaned out and organized my closet.  How those two jackets are the oldest pieces of clothing I own but one is black, the other is a dark brown and the styles are classic.   

Honored Contributor

And i bet they are made so much better,my grip on clothes is price,and quality.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I don't even own anything older than 2 years...

Honored Contributor

Excellent quality to last that long. My oldest pair of jeans is a bootcut Vera Wang pair from Kohls. Found them on the clearance rack for less than $10. At the time they were too small but I bought them anyway. Now they fit well.

They must be well over ten years old, not sure. Every time I think about donating them I just can't give them up.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@cherry   WOW!  I can't imagine that at all.  I'm not a big shopper, and when I do buy, I plan on keeping it a long time!

@cherry wrote:

I don't even own anything older than 2 years...