Super Contributor

Re: Ever liked an article of clothing so much that you bought it in 2 sizes? ....just in case

On 3/24/2014 Sooner said:

I do it all the time! Good quality t-shirts I'll buy often in one size to wear out on errands or to see friends, and I'll buy a size larger to wear around the house doing chores or reading a book. I like the comfy bigger fit, and I like the better looking fit to wear out.

Lol, I love large t-shirts too, to wear around the house!
Respected Contributor

Re: Ever liked an article of clothing so much that you bought it in 2 sizes? ....just in case

I never bought two in different sizes, but I have one QF top (flags in buckets) that I bought two of. I had one; I have never had so many comments and compliments on anything I've ever worn. At least 20 people wanted to know where I got it. Finally decided I ought to have another, in case this one fades or wears out. Use it for Labor Day, Fourth of July, etc. Love that shirt!

Also, in summer clothing I often buy more than one inexpensive tee in a color I know I will wear often and probably wear out. Or two pairs of slacks, pants, capris, shorts that I really like and know I'll wear often.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I've also done this with inexpensive rings, so I can wear it on either hand. Jeans? I have so many in various sizes it isn't even funny. I probably own over 25 pairs, and if four fit at any given moment I'm lucky. Up, down, up, down.

Frequent Contributor

On 3/24/2014 lovemisspiggy said:

Not in 2 sizes, but in almost every color the item comes in !!!

I do that also with things I really like if it comes in more than one color/finishes. I did it with a pair of H by Hudson booties previously, and just recently I bought these Joe Zee leggings off qvc in both the blue and black. It's hard to find things I really really like, so when I do, I tend to double up. Leggings are always a staple also, so I don't feel bad about it.

Joe Zee leggings

Trusted Contributor

Never in two sizes; occasionally in more than one color, especially shoes.

Honored Contributor

I wanted to add that I would never buy multiple sizes if I was not in the process of losing weight.

As it is, I try not to buy things that fit perfectly (a wee bit snug seems to give me the most wear) because they end up too big too quickly. I've gone through so many sizes in the past year it kind of makes my head spin. I hardly have time to get used to being a smaller size when that size starts getting loose. It can be hard to realize that I really do fit or will soon fit in those smaller sizes. It is a wonderful thing but it is hard for my head to keep up with the constant changes.

Valued Contributor

On 3/24/2014 Sooner said:

I do it all the time! Good quality t-shirts I'll buy often in one size to wear out on errands or to see friends, and I'll buy a size larger to wear around the house doing chores or reading a book. I like the comfy bigger fit, and I like the better looking fit to wear out.

I kept some that were too big instead of returning and use them for the same thing and also when I go work out.

Honored Contributor

Never.

Super Contributor

No, but will buy two pairs of the same shoes if I love them.
Esteemed Contributor

Yes......i have done that also!