Super Contributor

Re: Ever liked an article of clothing so much that you bought it in 2 sizes? ....just in case

On 3/23/2014 lolakimono said:

The only time I've done that is when the size I wanted was no longer available (smaller or larger). In some garments there isn't that much of a difference between them.

This has been my experience as well lol!!! I usually buy medium in B&M , but can also fit into a small and since I'm also in the process of losing some weight, I'll buy the small if there are no more mediums. At the Q, I'm safe in a small but will go down to an extra small depending on the piece, if my size sells out.
Respected Contributor

Re: Ever liked an article of clothing so much that you bought it in 2 sizes? ....just in case

I bought a last clicks sleeveless NR top and I thought it would fit but it was too tight to button. It still looked good unbuttoned with a tank so I kept it plus I loved it. Several months later the next size popped back in and I bought it. The price was still good.

I found another one on eBay in a different color and an even larger size but it's the kind of top that would still fit and it was only 10.00. So now I have three different sizes but they all work.

Valued Contributor

I would never buy sizes too big
Valued Contributor

NEVER

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I bought 2 of Louis DO's jackets..one in an XS another XXS..they both fit. They were clearanced and after getting one I had to have the other color, lol!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

first, congratulations on the weight loss, great. Second, yes but not in 2 different sizes. I have gotten 2 different tops I just love and got 2 of each of them, really love them.

Valued Contributor

No but I did buy one item in one size and fit and liked but went up 1 size to see the difference and both fit and kept both. Two different colors. One closer to the body and one not as tight through the middle.

Both work and both look good and just depends what I am wearing and could have gotten them both in the smaller size but then thought if I wanted to wear not as a layering piece then I wanted a little bigger. The item is the SG lace cami.

I sometimes buy things too loose and don't like anything tight in the bust but then sometimes too big everywhere else.

Sometimes I think about buying two different sizes to see which one I like better in case it sells out but never have done it at the same time on the first order. I kind of shy away from ordering on line unless it is something I have already gotten but want a different color and then sometimes that can differ in fit.

Contributor

Not in 2 sizes, but in almost every color the item comes in !!!

Honored Contributor

I do it all the time! Good quality t-shirts I'll buy often in one size to wear out on errands or to see friends, and I'll buy a size larger to wear around the house doing chores or reading a book. I like the comfy bigger fit, and I like the better looking fit to wear out.

Super Contributor

Oh yes! 10 years ago, I bought a pair of Max Azria jeans that I loved so much - when I went to buy a second pair, they only had a size up, so I bought them. Good thing I did since I love the jeans and 10 years later, I'm barely able to fit into the bigger size!