Respected Contributor

Re: No, I don't fit the bill. But when I think of models, I...

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Citrine1 Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Besides, the industry has changed.  Thank the heavens for that!  The focus should be on the garments and not the model (imo).

What do you think of the clothing?  You can buy these items.  You can't buy the models.....

@gertrudecloset   Thank you for posting these.  There are many I really like.

Esteemed Contributor

Even More NY Fashion Week 9/2021 SS-2022

[ Edited ]

I most def love the red dress.  I wouldn't want such a voluminous body to it but I like it.  Don't get me started on the red power suit and those red shoes.

Nothing else jumps out at me for actual "wear."  Nice to look anyways.  

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

You don't need a pretty face to be a runway model just skinny with broad shoulders and no boobs.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Citrine1 Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Besides, the industry has changed.  Thank the heavens for that!  The focus should be on the garments and not the model (imo).

What do you think of the clothing?  You can buy these items.  You can't buy the models.....

@gertrudecloset 

If the focus is supposed to be on the garments and not the models then why do they use models who have faces and bodies that you can't get past looking at and wondering what the h*** happened to her to make her so bone thin and scary looking. By the time you (or just me if you prefer) get over the shock of their looks they've already passed you (or again just me if you prefer) by on the runway and no clue what they were wearing. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't care for most of the clothes. I know that the focus is suppose to be on the fashion, not the model, but I notice that some of the models look bored or angry. That does take away partly from the fashions. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Even More NY Fashion Week 9/2021 - SS 2022

@DiAnne wrote:

You don't need a pretty face to be a runway model just skinny with broad shoulders and no boobs.  

Yeah, you'd think people on the fashion forum would have noticed that by now.  Things have changed.  I didn't do it though....

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Even More NY Fashion Week 9/2021 SS-2022

@shaggygirl wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@gertrudecloset 

If the focus is supposed to be on the garments and not the models then why do they use models who have faces and bodies that you can't get past looking at and wondering what the h*** happened to her to make her so bone thin and scary looking. By the time you (or just me if you prefer) get over the shock of their looks they've already passed you (or again just me if you prefer) by on the runway and no clue what they were wearing. 

Why are you asking me @shaggygirl ?  I don't produce fashion shows and decide runway looks.  They have producers that do this.  Determine makeup, outfit and all and then send them down the runway. They also do the casting.  Designers cast their girls for shows like a director would for a movie.

You can appeal to each designer you wish to get some non skinny lil things to be models in their shows.  For as long as I can remember they have been wayf looking.  Just look at the garments caus you can't do jack about the women modeling.

Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

Is that why it looks as if they are using young men?  Broad shoulders and no boobs?  Some of them are made up to look pretty though.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@gertrudecloset 

Why are you asking me @shaggygirl ?  I don't produce fashion shows and decide runway looks.  They have producers that do this.  Determine makeup, outfit and all and then send them down the runway. They also do the casting.  Designers cast their girls for shows like a director would for a movie.

You can appeal to each designer you wish to get some non skinny lil things to be models in their shows.  For as long as I can remember they have been wayf looking.  Just look at the garments caus you can't do jack about the women modeling.

@gertrudecloset 

I asked you because I thought you were the expert in the field of all things fashion related on this board. Perhaps I am confusing you with someone else. 

Honored Contributor

None of these outfits really appeal to me. 

I would like the red suit better if it was more fitted. I would like the black and white coat if it was fitted and a shorter length. Loose oversized clothing seems to be trending, but it's not my style.