Honored Contributor

Re: Even ISAAC is mostly all knit and spandex

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@wilma wrote:

I don't mind a bit of stretch in knit tops, but I don't like some blends that feel like rubber. I realize that we are a more casually dressed society now, but I really dislike knit stretch pants. I see lots of women wearing them, and I have even tried on a few pairs, but I just don't like the fit or feel. I prefer a tailored woven trouser, and I really love side zips because they eliminate any bulk at the front, but they are difficult to find. My tailored pants are more comfortable for me to wear than tight knit stretch pants. 

@wilma

To be honest, I didn't know they still made side zip pants!   lol   I think your lifestyle and occupation will also influence what is comfortable to wear for hours on end.

Based on your comments, I wonder if perhaps you tried on the wrong size of the knit pants.  If they were tight, that's not the right fit ....   unless they were actually jeggings.   

@Tinkrbl44

I did try on several pairs and sizes of knit pants, but they were all too tight in the behind or legs for me. When I size up they are too big in the waist. I usually get my woven pants tailored because I have a small waist compared to hips and thighs. I saw some side zip pants in the Chadwicks catalog, but I hesitate to buy any pants without trying them on first. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Even ISAAC is mostly all knit and spandex

@wilma wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@wilma wrote:

I don't mind a bit of stretch in knit tops, but I don't like some blends that feel like rubber. I realize that we are a more casually dressed society now, but I really dislike knit stretch pants. I see lots of women wearing them, and I have even tried on a few pairs, but I just don't like the fit or feel. I prefer a tailored woven trouser, and I really love side zips because they eliminate any bulk at the front, but they are difficult to find. My tailored pants are more comfortable for me to wear than tight knit stretch pants. 

@wilma

To be honest, I didn't know they still made side zip pants!   lol   I think your lifestyle and occupation will also influence what is comfortable to wear for hours on end.

Based on your comments, I wonder if perhaps you tried on the wrong size of the knit pants.  If they were tight, that's not the right fit ....   unless they were actually jeggings.   

@Tinkrbl44

I did try on several pairs and sizes of knit pants, but they were all too tight in the behind or legs for me. When I size up they are too big in the waist. I usually get my woven pants tailored because I have a small waist compared to hips and thighs. I saw some side zip pants in the Chadwicks catalog, but I hesitate to buy any pants without trying them on first. 

@wilma

Wilma, I feel the same way.  It's a trial and error process.  Three things I no longer even trying to buy online are bras, shoes and pants .....  UNLESS I already own the item and want to purchase a second one.