Esteemed Contributor

Etienne Aigner flats on Ebay

[ Edited ]

Years ago I bought the EA pom pom flats in black and bright pink.  I just had to have them because of that pom pom!

Wore them a bit for several years then the inside cover came lose and I never bothered to glue it back -- and styles changed -- so they went to the back of the closet.

Cleaning my shoe stash today, I found them and was going to give them away.  They've been in and out of the donation box several times.  I haven't worn them in a long time.

Checked ebay and, sure enough, there they are for sale, "slightly used."  Cannot remember what I paid, but the ones on Ebay were about $25 used!

I've often wondered about taking the time and trouble to sell things on ebay, but I always end up giving things away. 

But when I see a pair of 20+ year old shoes selling, I've just got to wonder if I'm not missing the boat!

Honored Contributor

Re: Etienne Aigner flats on Ebay

@Witchy Woman

You are right! Some things on the bay actually DO hold their value.

Those customers who appreciate the fine leather of EA may grab those shoes right up.

I think I still have my EA oxblood color full length boots.

Worn but a hand full of times, I may try to sell them just to see.

DH sold my pale pink genuine UGGS for 35 plus 7($) shipping. Had worn them MAYBE 4 times, indoors usually with socks. Found out I am allergic to the wool Sherpa inside lining. He said the lady was very happy to have bought these!

You just never know! 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Oh how I loved Etienne Aigner items, and was so happy when I got my first purse!   We had just gotten married and moved to DC and the Marine Exchange there was loaded with all their stuff.  I had a beautiful trench coat, trimed in the their "wine" color, a leather blazer in their signature color, some boots, etc., the mid-80's were great!!!

Respected Contributor

I wore a pair of EA  penny loafers for 20 years; had them resoled 2x. Had to give up on them when the upper leather became so worn I couldnt have them repaired anymore.

I loved those shoes! I originally bought them on sale in 1977 for $6.00-yes, six bucks.

Esteemed Contributor

I've pulled them out of the donation box for now. 

Also found a pair of EA oxblood shorter boots that I had refurbished -- they were beautiful, but slightly uncomfortable.  Think I bought them when I was an 8. 

After many years of running, I moved to 8 1/2.

Anyway, I'm holding on to those flats and boots for now as I got rid of lots of other things Cat LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Hooty wrote:

Oh how I loved Etienne Aigner items, and was so happy when I got my first purse!   We had just gotten married and moved to DC and the Marine Exchange there was loaded with all their stuff.  I had a beautiful trench coat, trimed in the their "wine" color, a leather blazer in their signature color, some boots, etc., the mid-80's were great!!!

@Hooty, I loved Etienne Aigner too, in the late 70's/early 80's. I had the most divine straw purse, leather shoulder bags in that beautiful wine color, a wallet, loafers, a trench coat. I held on to that trench for 30-something years and finally sold it on eBay for more than I paid for it in the late 70's. it looked like new and if I could still wear it I would have kept it Smiley Happy

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman@MariotaMurielle

What I am never sure of, which materials (like leathers) will be rare and valued by subsequent generations? 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

@Witchy Woman@MariotaMurielle

What I am never sure of, which materials (like leathers) will be rare and valued by subsequent generations? 

@LTT1, who can know such things? Smiley Happy

but one thing I know for sure, some things are just classics. they just are. and if the next generation doesn't see the value in them, another generation will.

@Witchy Woman, those boots! I think I would have to see if they could be stretched. they are classics for sure.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1

I'm not sure what is "valued" any more.  I get the feeling it is more the "vintage" feel of things that people find attractive.

EA made beautiful things at one time -- their signature color in leather was a standout.  I haven't seen anything in a long time, but then I haven't been shopping for much.

@MariotaMurielle

I didn't realize they made trench coats, too!  I'll bet it was a beauty.

Yes, those boots are calling me now.  I'll try them on in the morning and see if I can't get them adjusted.  They are rather slouchy and have a lovely buckle on them -- so smart.  I had the heels and soles redone and the boots nicely polished.  The toe is a soft oval.  They must be 30 years old, but still stylish!

Honored Contributor

I used to wear that brand of flats all the time...I did not now they sold them with a pom pom!!  Their leather was so nice...the shoes lasted forever.