Honored Contributor

I have one from llbean, was never crazy about it, I need to donate it.

Honored Contributor

Structured, tailored jackets are out of style now.  Everything has those long cascading lapels with a lot of fabric to get in the way.  I'm ready to go back to a more tailored look.  I had a brown twill pants suit with a riding jacket that was one of my all-time favorite outfits.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Re: Equestrian Blazers

[ Edited ]

I have one from the 1990's by Ralph Lauren.  It is solid navy blue wool with a texture to it, a very fine ribbing sort of like faille.  It is very fitted and has buttons with sterling silver shields on them.  

Another one that I had was maybe in the late 1980's (not sure) it was from a company named "Madelaine".  It was soooo dramatic.   Huge shoulder pads and really nipped in at the waist and was a little longer in the front. Black velvet on the collar, the fabric was black and sable check.  I would feel like a clown if I wore that now.

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

I remember those well.

I had one in houndstooth check, very fitted, curved at the bottom, with the slanted pockets.  I loved that jacket.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: Equestrian Blazers

[ Edited ]

I've been coming across some fashion articles saying that structured blazers are coming back. I'm sure they will be somewhat different from the ones in the past but still, it's structured. It's all part of the '80s revival.

Trusted Contributor

YES @Greeneyedlady21... I love that look so much and remember it.

Ralph lauren did absolutely beautiful ones.  I still have one in  my closet but it just hangs there...I will never throw it out, and it SURE will not fit me any longer. lol