Re: Envelope Collar Crepe Sheath Dress

Thumbs up from me. 

Honored Contributor

It’s beautiful. 

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz 

The new job is busy, for sure!  There were many years of "deferred maintenance" so to date I have packed up 30 boxes of outdated/used books/workbooks for our recycling program.  You might have seen my "ugly office makeover" thread in the Home forum.  The problem this year is that I had two new preps, so essentially I had about 40 minutes to plan each class, for 90 minutes of instruction. 

I have two people on my team that are great, two that are ones to watch out for, and two that can go either way depending on how the wind blows.  They have differing degrees of proficiency in the language, and different beliefs about what we should be teaching (not what they are SUPPOSED to be doing) so it's a struggle.  We also had a brand new principal, so there were a lot of changes to their world.  One is ready to retire, and could do the "surprise" retirement of July 15 or wait until another birthday in December. 

The two to watch out for are friends, both immature, passive aggressive and partial to calling out at the last minute.  Neither are interested in being "coached" despite having performance issues.  I am pretty sure that they used up every single sick day (and may have even gone into lost time). 

I would like to have a calmer year this year.  I am scheduled to have one new prep (instead of two), but I am going to float again, so the classroom shuffle is a bit of a challenge for organization.  

Esteemed Contributor

The dress is gorgeous.  I love the darts down the front and back, and the fabric looks so classy.  It's cut with some generosity.  I'm tired of things looking like they were painted on (and people chasing the "perfect" body).

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

I love the fact that the collar gives her a slightly capped shoulder.  Very feminine.

Honored Contributor

Tops & dresses that have wider necklines and details across the top can make my broad shoulders look even wider which is not something I want. The envelope style might not flatter me. Would definitely try it on to see how it looks on me. Classic beautiful dress! 

Trusted Contributor

Very nice!

Respected Contributor

Very nice dress. I think envelope collars and portrait collars are so flattering.

Respected Contributor

That is a beautiful dress. I can see Amal Clooney wearing it.

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

Thank you for sharing @lolakimono . I love this dress!

@magicmoodz 

My pleasure!

How have you been?  I haven't "seen" you around much.  Still doing WFPB?

@lolakimono 

Hi there!  I am well and still on my WFPB journey. I find myself getting a bit stuck in food prep--by the time I prepare what I think he would like I don't put much effort into my meals. This is silly, because while he has in no way committed to a eating much the way I do, he often loves the dishes I  do make. Then it helps to have several plant based restaurants nearby.🤣. This week I did step it up and made a really good mushroom farro dish.

Hope all is well with you. Do you love your new job? I think I read a few  accounts of some harrowing experiences you have encountered. It makes me wonder if you maybe thrive on putting out fires?!? I admire that. 

We are in the throes of scorching temps starting today. I know our beach just down the street will be very crowded, so we are planning a little road trip to a beautiful little town on a much larger lake. I just looked online and see the town is hosting a festival, so maybe we won't be escaping the crowds after all!

@magicmoodz 

WFPB ?

Yes I'm nosey! LOL