Valued Contributor

Entire shops devoted to petite's Remember?

I was just remebering the days when there were entire stores that were for petite. The problem with those however is there was nothing for plus size. In those days petite meant small all over. Oh how I wish I could for a tailor!

Honored Contributor

Re: Entire shops devoted to petite's Remember?

I do remember Petite Sophisticate back in the day.  Pretty things, too short for me but they had some pretty scarves.

Were there more stores?

Trusted Contributor

@Whosits wrote:

I was just remebering the days when there were entire stores that were for petite. The problem with those however is there was nothing for plus size. In those days petite meant small all over. Oh how I wish I could for a tailor!

@Whosits    Macy's is still my go to place for petites as well as Boscov's.   

Frequent Contributor

I bought most of my clothes from Petite Sophisticates back in the day.  I can hem pants with my eyes closed, lol.

Respected Contributor

Nope. I’ve been 5’10” since I was 12.
Respected Contributor

Yes, I remember those stores. Unfortunately, I didn't realize then that I qualified as a petite (short-waisted).

Valued Contributor

@RollTideRoll2008 - I was 5'7" at 10 years old.  It wasn't fun, was it?  We were just kids but our height made us seem older.

Honored Contributor

The only store I recall devoted to a specific size segment of the population was 5, 7 and 9

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

The only store I recall devoted to a specific size segment of the population was 5, 7 and 9

@Andreatoo Just realized I've seen that store!  We had it for a short time!!!Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I am 5'2"...Unless it is a petite everything looks ridiculous on me.  I am 105 pounds.  I like Macy's.com as many offerings are in petite.  I do feel Logo has gotten prettier over the years.  In the beginning it looked like circus clothing !  However the prices are out of my budget...and besides hardly any petite.