Trusted Contributor

Re: Enough pajamas, already!

Eileen West website has the most beautiful night gowns ever.  Check them out.

Honored Contributor

@Growing wrote:

I think nightgowns are not as popular as they used to be. Pajamas are more in style. I used to see the nice cotton nightgowns on QVC but not lately. There is a website and catalog where they sell beautiful cotton nightgowns like we all used to wear. The Vermont Country Store. Warning, not cheap for this high quality stuff. Land's End also sells a nice cotton-knit nightgown.

@Growing 

I don't care what is in and what is out.  I cannot stand pajamas.  They make me feel like bugs are crawling on me.  No.  I don't have bugs.  I have autoimmune disease and immunodeficiency and I have to wear Eileen West or Natori.  Eileen West is sold at Old Vermont store and Dillard's (and other high-end department stores).  So, no nightgowns are not out.  I think young women wear PJs but us old ladies who feel like bugs are crawling on them,  prefer gowns, lovely gowns  You all need all those pajamas to wear with all that Christmas stuff Q is selling. Glad you and many others can wear the pajamas without itching.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

QVC sells nightgowns and there are plenty of other places to purchase a nightgown.  Just search.  Also, they sell more of the PJs cuz they say you get multiple use, like walking the dog, taking the kids to school, going for coffee or to the grocery store yada yada yada.  You can't do that with a nightgown Smiley Happy

@rms1954 

I put on my monogrammed Uggs robe over my gown and go to Chick Fil A every morning for a chicken biscuit and orange juice for breakfast.  If I had kids to take to school, I would wear the same thing.  Everyone in town knows I like white Eileen West gowns and Uggs terry robes and Jacque Levine house slippers.

Honored Contributor

@IamDoodles wrote:

Eileen West website has the most beautiful night gowns ever.  Check them out.

@IamDoodles 

I only wear Eileen West, not because they are beautiful, however, but because they are natural cotton and it has been refined so that it is not rough and scratchy.  I have a condition that makes me itch at night from immunodeficiency and I can't sleep when I am itching.  Sometimes just the fabric touching me can make me go into terrors itching.  Her fabric does not do that to me.  If I get like that, then I have to take a lot of medicine that can make me sleepy for so long that I cannot care for my husband and just cannot afford that.  I cannot get more than 4-5 hours sleep per night because I might not be able to care for him. He goes to bed and wakes up and I have to see about him or he might fall or get into something.  I have to make sure he does not mess with his BiPap, so I have to stay alert all the time because of him.

Honored Contributor

I like Karen Neuberger night shirts.  Short sleeve for summer, long sleeve for winter.  They're getting harder and harder to find.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  You took the words right out of mouth about nightgowns!  I agree completely!  And I love Miss Elaine.  

Trusted Contributor

@Trailrun23  I love Miss Elaine.  Thank Goodness Macy's still has a good selection.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@walkingal   @Trailrun23     Do you ever buy Miss Elaine on eBay?  People seem to buy them on sale or some how at Dillard's then resell them at a discount with the tags still on them.  You can't tell the difference from what you'd pick up in the store.  They're sold in eBay stores, not auctioned.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I don't mind them having PJ's or PJ sets as TSV's.....I am not buying them as I can get them at the local store.  I would never wear them shopping at the grocery store or walking my dog as they were suggesting.  I never see anyone in my area ever outside in PJ's or Nightgowns walking dogs or grocery shopping.  

I could never wear nightgowns to bed wrapping around me all twisted...it drives me crazy.  A long tank shirt say to the top of my thighs at most but I just do the normal length tank shirt and no pj bottoms.  That would be to hot. 

If Q isn't offering what you like to wear don't watch the presentations and look for what you do like locally instead.  

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  No, I've never done that on eBay.  Maybe I'll give it a try one day.