Occasional Contributor

I only wear long nightgowns to sleep. I do not like to wear bottoms when I sleep. So tired of seeing pajama sets over and over.  Why can't the brands on QVC make a line of long nightgowns for us? I can't be the only one?

Super Contributor

Re: Enough pajamas, already!

Type "nightgown" into the search bar and voila! Mostly Carole Hochman but there is a variety of brands. Carole Hochman used to have regular TSV's but haven't seen one recently. 

Valued Contributor

I think nightgowns are not as popular as they used to be. Pajamas are more in style. I used to see the nice cotton nightgowns on QVC but not lately. There is a website and catalog where they sell beautiful cotton nightgowns like we all used to wear. The Vermont Country Store. Warning, not cheap for this high quality stuff. Land's End also sells a nice cotton-knit nightgown.

Honored Contributor

QVC sells nightgowns and there are plenty of other places to purchase a nightgown.  Just search.  Also, they sell more of the PJs cuz they say you get multiple use, like walking the dog, taking the kids to school, going for coffee or to the grocery store yada yada yada.  You can't do that with a nightgown Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I'm sure you're not the only one. You're right, they should have some long nightgowns for those who prefer them. I think they're just focusing on multipurpose lounge/sleepwear. Long nightgowns are a little limiting. 

I have a feeling fan's of long gowns are a smaller percentage, these days, due to the soft, comfy pajama sets now, that can also work as lounge wear before retiring to bed. More bang for the buck.

If someone's at your front door you can answer in your PJ's, but would be less comfortable in a long nightgown. Plus, for me, long nightgowns get twisted around my body during the night, making me feel like a mummy. But, that's just me :-). 

Respected Contributor

I get completely tangled in nightgowns - short or long.  I love pajama sets because I lounge around in them, but only sleep with the top on (I add the bottom only if I'm freezing).

Honored Contributor

I like to wear Nylon knee length nightgowns.  I generally buy Miss Elaine NWT from eBay sellers.  They last forever.  I've never thrown one away.  You can turn over and slide around in bed so easily.  I've tried Carole Hochman and don't like them.  I don't own any pajamas.

I surely wish QVC would carry Miss Elaine.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

QVC sells nightgowns and there are plenty of other places to purchase a nightgown.  Just search.  Also, they sell more of the PJs cuz they say you get multiple use, like walking the dog, taking the kids to school, going for coffee or to the grocery store yada yada yada.  You can't do that with a nightgown Smiley Happy

@rms1954    LOL We'll probably see nighties in Wal-Mart any day now.  Walking the dog too. You've given me an idea....

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Unfortunately for nightgown wearers, QVC, as well as other businesses, will only want to sell what sells. Perhaps nightgowns just aren't selling. As others mentioned, PJ's and  lounge wear are much more versatile. 

Honored Contributor

@RainyDayGal wrote:

I get completely tangled in nightgowns - short or long.  I love pajama sets because I lounge around in them, but only sleep with the top on (I add the bottom only if I'm freezing).

Me too.  Usually a long knight shirt or hubby's old t-shirt that comes to above the knee.