Honored Contributor

I have a peplum top ... it's from Susan Graver.  

I bought it because I needed a lime green top and SG's tops fit me really well.   I usually wear something over it - no one even sees that it has a peplum back.

I had two tops from Attitudes that had handkerchief hems that I altered into a sort of peplum shape.  They turned out really well.  Got lots of positive comments.

I bought one cold shoulder top a few years ago from Simonton and ended up cutting off the sleeves and making it sleeveless.  Still wearing it!

Honored Contributor

I like all of those things when they're done well and for the record I look bangin' in a peplum!

Valued Contributor

I like more classic items also........I'm fashion-challenged. Being plus size doesn't help. I've found some great websites for clothes but I'm so tired of tunics that come half way to my knees.....or longer...and the really short shirts. Just want length around 29-30 inches. 

I'm sure there are taller or shorter ladies that prefer what I don't care for!LOL

Contributor

Re: Enough of the peplum!

[ Edited ]

I totally agree.  I am busty and hippy and these do not flatter my body.  I am a 10/12 but short and getting shorter!  Started at 5'5" and am now 5'3 1/2"... The back sections with the peplum,  sit out on my bottom.  I think of the time Louis D. was on one morning and his top, that he was showing, was simple with clean lines.  He made a comment about not liking the "elephant in a tutu" tops.  I laughed and laughed.

Trusted Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I like all of those things when they're done well and for the record I look bangin' in a peplum!

I look good too in a peplum as I am also tall and it hangs just right. So far I have 2 from Susan Graver, two from Denim and Co. and one from Lori Goldstein.