Super Contributor

Re: Enough is enough with 3 Consecutive Days of Xmas Merchandise

It just kills me how many people are so incredibly dependent on watching QVC !! AMAZING! If there were 3 days of jewelry on in a row, I wouldn't even turn the TV on, but I would not get so upset about it either!

So many of these people claim to just "love summer" , yet here they are spending their time watching QVC! LOVE IT~!

Valued Contributor

I don't understand why retail is constantly trying to shove Christmas down our throats in the middle of summer?????? UGH! enough already!

Respected Contributor

@so so wrote:

I don't understand why retail is constantly trying to shove Christmas down our throats in the middle of summer?????? UGH! enough already!

Because doing so sells a lot of product, generates a lot of revenue.

Honored Contributor

@tropics21 wrote:

Enough is enough, 3 consecutive days of XMAS in July not to mention the one day on June 30th is enough.  I can understand one day designated in July, but another 3 in a row?  I understand people enjoy it, but better programming as to not have it 3 days in a row is warranted.  Thank you QVC for saving me a bunch of money these last 3 days, in case you weren't aware, if you think you increased sales, perhaps you should think about all those who don't want to be inundated with poor programming and decided to go to the mall and shop on the three days of nothing but xmas.

@tropics21  It's only the middle of July/CIJ...

I can only suggest making plans to find other programming on the 25th, 30th and 31st. Those will be big CIJ days on the Q.

Personally, I can't wait and look forward to these shows myself Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Everytime I read, "so many people agree with me!  Look at all the other posts here." I have to laugh.

What about all the thousands of people who are merely reading these posts and choose not to enter this annual bullfight over CIJ on a TV shopping channel?  You have no idea which way the scale dips on who enjoys CIJ versus hates CIJ.  Even if 95% of the posts on this forum agree with you, that is not a representation of what the general customer thinks.  It is only a reflection of what a very tiny group, who post on social media, to this particular issue think.

So let's see, QVC is in over 100 million homes, with multiple thousands watching & spending every day.  But a few pages on a shopping forum tells the complete story?  If QVC didn't make big money during their CIJ days, they would stop it.  So apparently QVC is indeed thinking, very wisely, that the people actually purchasing and loving CIJ, far outweigh the people who complain and turn away. 

I never watch all-day beauty, or any of the gourmet food shows (that are on nearly daily, by the way).

Honored Contributor

All-day anything is too much; even when they are showing the things I like.  Three days of something is ridiculous.  However, I seldom watch the Q so I don't really care.  When I say I hate CIJ it isn't so much that the Q isn't showing something that interests me more, it's that the holiday is being exploited even more than it is in December.  Additionally, most of it is landfill junk; and I have a serious issue with that.  And I'll probably get blasted for this, but I also think it's geared to some extent to the hoarders.  Not saying that everyone who shops CIJ is a hoarder, but there is an element of holiday-obsessed people who can't help themselves.

JMO, for what it's worth.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

All-day anything is too much; even when they are showing the things I like.  Three days of something is ridiculous.  However, I seldom watch the Q so I don't really care.  When I say I hate CIJ it isn't so much that the Q isn't showing something that interests me more, it's that the holiday is being exploited even more than it is in December.  Additionally, most of it is landfill junk; and I have a serious issue with that.  And I'll probably get blasted for this, but I also think it's geared to some extent to the hoarders.  Not saying that everyone who shops CIJ is a hoarder, but there is an element of holiday-obsessed people who can't help themselves.

JMO, for what it's worth.

Yes!

Frequent Contributor

I have no interest in Christmas in July and did not watch on those days. Found that I actually did not miss it - Hmmm........