Valued Contributor

Enough is enough with 3 Consecutive Days of Xmas Merchandise

Enough is enough, 3 consecutive days of XMAS in July not to mention the one day on June 30th is enough.  I can understand one day designated in July, but another 3 in a row?  I understand people enjoy it, but better programming as to not have it 3 days in a row is warranted.  Thank you QVC for saving me a bunch of money these last 3 days, in case you weren't aware, if you think you increased sales, perhaps you should think about all those who don't want to be inundated with poor programming and decided to go to the mall and shop on the three days of nothing but xmas.

Respected Contributor

Re: Enough is enough with 3 Consecutive Days of Xmas Merchandise

Yes I agree.  I look at the programming guide and did not watch Qvc for the three days.   The absolute last thing I want to think about is Christmas right now.  They will start shoving it down our throats from October till January so that is enough.....It is not about Christmas, it is about money.  I usually don't just sit and watch but I have it on sometimes in the background when I read, play games etc.....Now that I have gotten used to nothing in the background maybe I won't need to turn it on at all.  

Valued Contributor

I agree.  Haven't watched the Q or the other channels all weekend.  Very disappointing.  They could at least put fashion or beauty on one of their 3 channels.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The whole thing is obnoxious.  I'm not even Christian, so it's worst for me.  Obviously I haven't even moved the channel changer to all three QVC's this past weekend. 

Absolutely ridiculous.  3 full days of this stuff.

Respected Contributor

I disagree!  No such thing as too much Christmas!  QVC would not do this if they didi not make a profit.  They can gather all the vendors before their own Holiday Run up to Christmas when they may not be available. QVC can Set up their BIG soundstage ONCE and not set up and break it down multiple times.   CIJ gives people time to consider if they want to try something new in decorating AND 3 days of it might wear some folks down and they WILL buy that thing they'd been looking at yesterday.

QVC makes NO money from me on Handbags, clothes, makeup, Jewelry, home bedding or linens  or electronics.  I NEVER watch QVC when they present those ietms But They HAVE made money from me this weekend.  It's all about the bottom line  and I like this approach just fine. 

P.S:  did my shopping on the back deck with an Iced tea in hand.  Enjoy your Summer!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tropics21 wrote:

Enough is enough, 3 consecutive days of XMAS in July not to mention the one day on June 30th is enough.  I can understand one day designated in July, but another 3 in a row?  I understand people enjoy it, but better programming as to not have it 3 days in a row is warranted.  Thank you QVC for saving me a bunch of money these last 3 days, in case you weren't aware, if you think you increased sales, perhaps you should think about all those who don't want to be inundated with poor programming and decided to go to the mall and shop on the three days of nothing but xmas.

You may want to consider that you might have a  tv or shopping problem if you cannot go 3 days without watching a tv channel and get so angry about it.

When I watch tv, I click on channels and watch if I'm interested and don't when I'm not. It really is that simple for me. Personally, i love the change of pace and will watch the holiday offerings interstitially  with other channels I'm watching as most times that is how I watch tv during commercials. I've purchased all my office gifts already.  The sets are beautiful. Gives me ideas for later. I'll watch beauty shows. I rarely watch clothing but will click on for a moment. Do I get mad or entitled to demand programming changes if it's Fasion Day, Beauty Day, Cooking On Q Day?  Electronic or Serta TSV Day? Would NEVER think of it.

Valued Contributor

There was a time when I had a mild interest in this programming but now all I see are mountains of junk from China that will end up in landfills or in garage sales garnering pennies on the hundreds of dollars; not to mention the environmental impact from all the packaging and fossil fuel used to transport this stuff literally around the world.

I’m not judging anyone else. I order online myself and enjoy the convenience of it. I just find that the older I get I find myself asking, Do I really need this? If I wait a few days will I still want to purchase this? More often than not the answer is no. At 70 years of age I want to be sure to prioritize family, friends and meaningful life experiences over “ stuff”.  Just my personal take, no offense meant to others.

Honored Contributor

I would enjoy CIJ more if they interspersed some gift ideas.  I don't give Christmas-related items as Christmas gifts.  To me, it's pointless, since they probably wouldn't be used until the next Christmas. However, I do like to do my gift shopping early and would love to have seen some jewelry and clothing items mixed in.

Respected Contributor

I love Christmas.   It's my favorite time of the year, but I really don't care for Christmas in July or watching Christmas programming on QVC.  It's the same old stuff every year.  If I want cheap, overpriced junk, I'll buy it from a store at home and save on shipping.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I love Christmas and really enjoyed the first blast of Xmas in July.  But 3 daysin a row is too much for me.  Easy solution..I just stay away from QVC for 3 days.  I find myself ordering less anyway..their shipping charges are simply too high.  Often times I can find the QVC price for something on a different site with free shipping offerred.