Valued Contributor

Re: Enough is Enough AM Style

Sales are down!!!!

Honored Contributor

I think there's a direct correlation between how often an item is aired, and how poorly the item is selling. If they're stuck with an abundance of inventory, they're going to "push" the product ad nauseum.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Huh?  No one ever said that AM style was a fashion show.  Where did OP get such an idea?  Beauty and accessories are "style" elements.

Super Contributor

Huh?  No one ever said that AM style was a fashion show.  Where did OP get such an idea?  Beauty and accessories are "style" elements.

She has a point. It is called AM Style, not AM Fashion. I know a lot of people get upset when a beauty item is shown along with fashion, but it really doesn't bother me. I do agree they were really pushing the TSV, and that was kind of dul.

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft
Valued Contributor

I totally agree with OP.  IMO, the TSV is shown over and over thru out the day on its own..just look at the line up for example tomorrow with the Dell TSV or at the Canon camera TSV the other day. Hour long infomercials shown many times.  So why can't a regular program that we all look forward to like AM Style not be another outlet for the TSV boring presentations!  Two in the show are too many!!!! 

QVC programming is terrible anymore. I hardly watch at all. A little once in a while.

It's basically informercials for a TSV.  I remember years ago AM and PM Style shows aired many many different products because the presentation of each item was not as long. Nowadays they all drag on and on. We don't need 10 minutes per each item, nor do we need hours of a TSV.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I used to watch AM Style and always enjoyed Leah. She's a lovely lady. It's turned into one of the Q's worst shows, and I don't know how anyone could watch it, no matter how much they love style and fashion. The Q has succeeded in ruining this show along with most others. I agree with all the posters who have recognized this awful show, and thanks, Spurt, for the letter, although I doubt it will help much. 

Respected Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

I have always thought that both the AM and PM Style shows were about fashion, beauty and accessories.  Of those three things I am least interested in beauty....but it has always been a part of both shows. (at least it has been that way as long as I've been watching)

Yes -- as I have posted previously, they have described AM and PM Style as shows that mimic style magazines. As such, they do indeed include beauty items and accessories along with clothing items. I have never considered either show to be only fashion (it is not called "AM Fashion," after all), but I would certainly expect something called "Tuesday Night Beauty" to only include beauty items.

Valued Contributor

I think most of the shows spend too much time talking about the products over and over and need to show more products that pertain to the show they are doing. They have a show for everything so stick to what the shows are suppose to be about.  More product less talk per item.

Accessories show

Beauty shows

Fashion shows

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes I keep QVC on in the background if I am doing housework or if I am working on the computer. I don't think it is such a big deal having a skin cream on or a flat iron or something like that. I just turn QVC off if it bores me. No biggie for me. 

Super Contributor

Yesterday when I turned on QVC at 8 am. Leah was presenting the Calista tools hair styler.   I thought QVC was doing a 24 Hour Beauty Day.  I changed the channel.   Later I went back to QVC and they were showing fashion.   I agree that QVC has enough beauty shows, I don't know why they had to do such a long presentation of the TSV during AM Style, I guess no one was buying the TSV.