Respected Contributor

Re: Enough already with shirts sticking out the bottom of other shirts.

I totally disagree with the OP. I've been able to hold onto some great tops that are too short to wear on their own. However, I do agree that some women look awful when they don't do it right. QVC does an awful job of presenting some of these layering items, but I feel ridiculous being too critical when the sales are so high. Heck, wear what you like. Who cares, really?? I personally don't care what other women look like. Only ME.

Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2015 house_cat said:
On 1/16/2015 brii said:

When you're wearing a sheer top, you need something under it. A tank is necessary. I like to wear tanks under a cardigan.

It doesn't have to look sloppy...

You're right. It doesn't. However, I'm going to shut up and not state my opinion about sheer tops.. I might get banished from the forum altogether. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

I can't imagine what your opinion would be about sheer tops.

Honored Contributor

I wish the trend would return to tucking in your first layer and then the second layer can drape over that. i completely agree with the OP - it looks stupid - and on older women it looks like you are trying too hard to look young. However, many women will wear any look as long as it is trendy.

Valued Contributor

I so are with the OP, I don't find this look flattering on anyone, I hope the look goes away, and something pretty and flattering comes in!
Honored Contributor

I like some tops sticking out the bottom of other tops and I don't think you have to be skinny to carry off that look.

I do think you need to be on the thinner side to wear a skinnytee. I see they finally added a plus size so they finally gave up the notion that anyone from an XXS to a 3X could wear one of these. That was a ridiculous concept to begin with.

Honored Contributor

Actually I like that look.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Super Contributor

This look kind of reminds me of men who wear their shirts

outside of their pants. Tunics are alright to be long

but putting something over it to have it hang out is sad.

Super Contributor

On 1/16/2015 ncascade said:

Actually I like that look.

It looks okay to me also. It's not my look ... but if someone else wants to wear it, doesn't bother me at all.

Everyone is entitled to their own style.

Honored Contributor

I like it with some tops and not with others. Just yesterday I wore short jacket from a few years back over a longer black top. I felt comfortable; besides, I'll never get any more use from that jacket I like unless I wear a longer top under it. My shape has changed since I bought that jacket and the layers improve its look - at least in my mirror.

Both those items has straight hems - that look world better on me than adding still a third length with pieces that hand already in multi lengths.

Super Contributor

Mary Beth looks great with her layering today, IMO. I love the layered look!