Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Enough already with shirts sticking out the bottom of other shirts.

On 1/16/2015 MarthaStewardess said:
On 1/16/2015 JJsMom said:

I like the look.

Some of you prefer dated fashion. Some of us prefer more modern looks.

Just because something is trendy or modern, doesn't mean it's something everyone likes or should wear. Not wearing certain trends doesn't necessarily mean your fashion choices are dated either. I think it's much more stylish to wear something that is flattering on you, rather than something that can emphasize flaws or doesn't look appealing.

Wearing a longer shirt within a shorter top is flattering in a lot of instances IMO. Wearing a tucked in shirt can be very unflattering.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

Disagree with the OP statement. I like a layered look, and it can be flattering on all ages or body types. Key is selectivity-the right fabric combinations and designs. Lots of great examples. And I love the skinny tees-an excellent essential or basic tank. Nice color options too.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

Why, oh WHY, can't we all just wear whatever we want without others not liking what we may have decided to wear??? There is a TV show called "Fashion Police" but it is only a TV show........ not real police. Live and let live, PLEASE! Everyone is entitled to his/her choice.

Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2015 Grace K said: I totally agree Marthastewardess. Short over long on big women like Carolyn and Leah only amplifies their already wide girth, especially when it's a shark bite hem. That really looks bad. But they'll do anything to sell a look, even if they look foolish. To me it's just an excuse to hide it rather than to put in the hard work to get healthy. And as far as skinny tees go, putting sparkles at the widest part of your body OH NO. Just another sales tactic, now in Missy and plus sizes.

I don't think simply because a woman is overweight that they must always try to cover it up or wear what is "most flattering" as you often hear on these boards. I think people should be able to wear things they enjoy and think are pretty even if it isn't the most flattering, but is not obnoxious either.

If we all wore what was "most flattering" we would be limited too much in what we wear and clothing would be boring and less fun!

And if you aren't skinny, you aren't skinny and not much you wear is going to fool people any way. If they are going to talk about you, they'll talk no matter what you wear, so wear what you like!

Esteemed Contributor

I like the look in moderation for myself.

Too many, too long and too loose layers on me can border on sloppy, but generally I like the look and don't mind it.

I think everyone should be happy and wear what they please. Life is just too short. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

So wear what's right for you and let others make their own fashion choices.

Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2015 Sooner said:
On 1/16/2015 Grace K said: I totally agree Marthastewardess. Short over long on big women like Carolyn and Leah only amplifies their already wide girth, especially when it's a shark bite hem. That really looks bad. But they'll do anything to sell a look, even if they look foolish. To me it's just an excuse to hide it rather than to put in the hard work to get healthy. And as far as skinny tees go, putting sparkles at the widest part of your body OH NO. Just another sales tactic, now in Missy and plus sizes.

I don't think simply because a woman is overweight that they must always try to cover it up or wear what is "most flattering" as you often hear on these boards. I think people should be able to wear things they enjoy and think are pretty even if it isn't the most flattering, but is not obnoxious either.

If we all wore what was "most flattering" we would be limited too much in what we wear and clothing would be boring and less fun!

And if you aren't skinny, you aren't skinny and not much you wear is going to fool people any way. If they are going to talk about you, they'll talk no matter what you wear, so wear what you like!

Yes, well written! Who decides what is "flattering"? Seems like many that rush to judgment are those that need the most "help" for themselves ;-) And to say that only _____ be it fat, short, old should wear "x" is ridiculous-just reflects a strong negative bias.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Regular Contributor

46, size 2, skinny tee showing out of the bottom of my sweater right now. Looks fab.

Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2015 Sooner said:

sooner

couldn't agree more. I am tired and done with trying to please others, and wear what fashion or society dictates. Life is too short. Why spend your life wearing things you don't really like, if it is for the sake of pleasing others. Clothes are one of few things we have left as mode of personal expression. Many of us are limited because of medical issues as to what we can wear, so why not go with we like? JMHO

Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday I wanted to wear a certain shirt and it was a bit chilly here so I wore a cami with a lace bottom underneath. Never thought about being too old! I wear denim jackets over long tops frequently. I like the look.