Trusted Contributor

Re: Enough already with shirts sticking out the bottom of other shirts.

On 1/16/2015 i like celery said:
On 1/16/2015 brii said:

Tucking looks dated, IMO

I don't know if the "half tuck" is still being done, but I like how it looks. I could never master the technique though. I would be constantly adjust the sides. I seemed to contradict the fact that it was supposed to be effortless. :-)

No "half tucks" for me. To my eye, this just looks sloppy, lopsided, and like you tucked in half of your shirt and forgot the other half. A "whole tuck" is better than a "half tuck"......and "no tuck" trumps both.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2015 brii said:

You're a good sister.

Ha. I got the stink eye for my comment. But I just couldn't let her walk around like that.

She's gotten me on a few occassions.

Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2015 Sooner said:

I may be "tuckered out" but you won't catch me "tucked in!" Not many people look good that way. Maybe if you are stick thin, have on skinny jeans, and a fabulous scarf and sunglasses and a fabulous expensive British tan big bag and heels, but I only do that on Saturdays now! {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

My sister is tiny. She looks fabulous with a pair of jeans and a white blouse tucked in.

But a sweater tucked in is a no, no. IMO of course. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

I actually really like that look. But I do not like that look featuring the skinnytees Sparkle Seamless Tank. I can't imagine why I would ever want crystals right over my crotch. Nope. Not going to happen.

Super Contributor

I love the layered look & wear it just about every day. The tucked in look is gone & so is the button down shirt with the collar peeking out. Not to keen on the half tuck though. That is MY opinion.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

On 1/16/2015 ChynnaBlue said:

I actually really like that look. But I do not like that look featuring the skinnytees Sparkle Seamless Tank. I can't imagine why I would ever want crystals right over my crotch. Nope. Not going to happen.

I saw that skinnytees set last night and thought it would might been cute if it weren't so thin and clingy! It hugged the models' hips so tightly that it pulled up in front at the hem, and it clung to their bodies so that waistbands, pants buttons, and other underlying irregularities clearly showed through. I was amused that they showed larger model Jacque with the skinnytee safely hidden under a bulky sweater. I'm sure the tee alone wouldn't have flattered her fuller figure at all.

Respected Contributor

On 1/16/2015 GoodStuff said:
On 1/16/2015 i like celery said:
On 1/16/2015 brii said:

Tucking looks dated, IMO

I don't know if the "half tuck" is still being done, but I like how it looks. I could never master the technique though. I would be constantly adjust the sides. I seemed to contradict the fact that it was supposed to be effortless. :-)

No "half tucks" for me. To my eye, this just looks sloppy, lopsided, and like you tucked in half of your shirt and forgot the other half. A "whole tuck" is better than a "half tuck"......and "no tuck" trumps both.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

To each (tuck, half tuck or no tuck) their own.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

I have not been fond of the look since it started. Sometimes if I'm wearing a short jacket, my shirt hem might peek out from the bottom of it, but it's not on purpose. I would not deliberately wear it that way. IMO, it's just a fad that will fade away eventually.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

Amusing thread. I wonder what women said about bustles, bloomers & corsets back in the day?{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Valued Contributor

I don't tuck, and I like a layered look. But when the under layer sticking out at the bottom is light or bright it breaks the line of the body and emphasizes a region I definitely don't want anyone focusing on. I envy you slim, hipless girls.