Honored Contributor

Re: Enough already with shirts sticking out the bottom of other shirts.

no tucking allowed!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

Nothing......and I mean NOTHING.......looks much worse than a heavy-busted (usually ""mature"") woman with her shirt tucked into her waistband somewhere up under her sagging bosom. My MIL's favorite fashion statement. And AWFUL....... Give me layers any day.

Honored Contributor

I love the layered look and yes, it makes things in your closet often more wearable and versatile, and adds a little color to some otherwise dull outfits. I don't see this trend as an age-related thing, but rather something one styles appropriately with their other clothing.

I love it. And you know I'm the first one to complain about older folks wearing too-young clothing and looking silly, but I don't see this as age related. It's just a style choice.

Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2015 LipstickDiva said:
On 1/16/2015 MJ 12 said:
On 1/16/2015 LipstickDiva said:
On 1/16/2015 brii said:

Tucking looks dated, IMO

I have a friend who tucks everything. I always cringe when she comes in with a sweater tucked into jeans.

Friends don't let friends tuck in anything. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

ITA Briii - tucking is dated.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} I don't know what to say to her.

My sister tucked a thin sweater in her jeans once and as soon as I saw it I told her she needed to untuck her sweater. No one tucks anymore. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

I may be "tuckered out" but you won't catch me "tucked in!" Not many people look good that way. Maybe if you are stick thin, have on skinny jeans, and a fabulous scarf and sunglasses and a fabulous expensive British tan big bag and heels, but I only do that on Saturdays now! {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Honored Contributor

The stretch tee that was on today with the sparkle is definitely a NO. Cheap looking and I can't believe this stretch tee stays in place when you are sitting and get up. The look with regular tees or blouses and sweaters or light jackets I like and I don't think this look will be going away.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Tucking is outdated, IMO. As to the original post; I don't see anything wrong with the concept, maybe it's the execution? Having your under layer pulled down to your knees does look kind of odd to me, but just a slight variance in layers looks ok to me. That is how I wear it, when I wear it. I personally don't wear the layered look much, but have no problem if others wear it.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2015 GoodStuff said:

Nothing......and I mean NOTHING.......looks much worse than a heavy-busted (usually "mature") woman with her shirt tucked into her waistband somewhere up under her sagging bosom. My MIL's favorite fashion statement. And AWFUL....... Give me layers any day.

I have a neighbor who does this. It looks terrible; and to take your description one step further, she wears a belt too.{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Respected Contributor

I love layering a long tee or tank beneath a sweater and certain tops. I'm thin and not trying to ""hide"" anything - I just like how it looks.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

On 1/16/2015 brii said:

Tucking looks dated, IMO

I don't know if the "half tuck" is still being done, but I like how it looks. I could never master the technique though. I would be constantly adjust the sides. I seemed to contradict the fact that it was supposed to be effortless. :-)

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Super Contributor

Friends don't let friends tuck in anything.

ITA Briii - tucking is dated.

LOL!!!