Honored Contributor

Enough already with shirts sticking out the bottom of other shirts.

Okay, I know they'll be opposing opinions, but in MY opinion, unless you're a skinny little twenty-something, that look is ridiculous... and even then, I'm not sure about it.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Re: Enough already with shirts sticking out the bottom of other shirts.

Amen to that, sister. My opinion - even if you're a twentysomething the look is ridiculous. I'm off today and turned on the morning show with volume off to miss the auditory ridiculousnessness, but there are still plenty of ridiculous looking clothing combinations to see. I eventually switched over to the Jambu show on ShopHQ. I like Jambu shoes so that is better coffee drinking entertainment for me.

Honored Contributor

I like the "shirt sticking out from under another shirt" look, but I don't do skinny tees.Smile

Esteemed Contributor

I actually like the look; however, it's your right to dress how you feel comfortable.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2015 faeriemoon said:

I like the "shirt sticking out from under another shirt" look, but I don't do skinny tees.Smile

so do I

Valued Contributor

It starts of O.K. but add a jacket on top and it seems like there is too much going on IMO>

Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2015 twopeas said:

I actually like the look; however, it's your right to dress how you feel comfortable.

I know. I'm not questioning anyone's "right" to dress how they want. I think it looks sloppy and silly and if big-butt women like me think they're fooling anyone by having a tight, stretchy tank hugging them, they're mistaken.

The outfits that Jayne and the skinny-tee vendor are wearing this morning look like something you'd wear when you're home, sick with the flu.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

When you're wearing a sheer top, you need something under it. A tank is necessary. I like to wear tanks under a cardigan.

It doesn't have to look sloppy...

Respected Contributor

I can do maybe one layer sticking out, but being short this look could overwhelm me and make me look like a dumpy little 'bag lady' easily. I do like a slightly rounded or pointy back to the top layer. I don't buy very many because I feel in a few years it will be outdated and do not want to be stuck with a whole lot--but such is the fashion world!

I think the skinny tees look a little tight even on the models and my muffin top does not need highlighting! I like mostly cotton tanks for the summer. I am sure it will work for many though.

Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2015 brii said:

When you're wearing a sheer top, you need something under it. A tank is necessary. I like to wear tanks under a cardigan.

It doesn't have to look sloppy...

You're right. It doesn't. However, I'm going to shut up and not state my opinion about sheer tops.. I might get banished from the forum altogether. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

~ house cat ~