Respected Contributor

Re: Enough! Five trends I need to go AWAY!

[ Edited ]

I don't love the ballerina look but I'm not sick of it either -- I never see it on anyone. (I take that back, I saw it on several girls who were in line for a Taylor Swift show).

All of the other styles listed are fine to me if the wearer knows how to style them or they look right for their size and proportion.  I love seeing how different women put clothes together, even if I myself wouldn't wear it.

The only style that I recall having a visceral reaction to was the trend for teens and young adults to wear pajamas on airplanes and out in public.  It just seemed so weird to me.  Clearly I wasn't the target audience! Cat Tongue

Honored Contributor

I'm short, but very long waisted, and a longish Gaucho with a boot is my friend. I have zero interest in what's "in/out" so. I will still be enjoying mine.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ripped and distressed jeans aren't going away. People like the look. I was watching a QVC videoclip of a pair of Earth Brand shoes and vendor Sally was wearing a pair of distressed jeans with a pretty white boho top. She looked really cute too.

A282879

I think the video is on QVC via their app but I don't see the clip on their website. The shoes were on Shawn's acessory show on Friday.

Edited to add there is a photo of Sally Combs on her Earth Brand facebook page where you can see the ripped jeans look:

Honored Contributor

I'm with you on the sneakers and gauchos. 

I'll add the naked look, the completely see through dresses. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

@gardensla I agree with you completely on all of these unflattering fashions. And I'm fairly young at 31 years old. For me, ripped jeans are wrong on so many levels.  It screams of a rich out of touch society ala Marie Antoinette let them eat cake attitude. Look at our bigger world today. I also don't believe many people realize, the amount of water and environmentally unfriendly chemicals it takes to produce denim. Bleach is used to distress denim because it is unbelievably cheap and quick. But it also produces toxic absorbable organic halogens in the wastewater.  I only buy denim at thrift stores.  It is one of my small bits for the environment 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree that all those unfortunate trends need to go. Some are just silly; others are unflattering. Most are both.

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

I agree with your choices, except that l wear fringe when it's very understated-- not overtaking the whole garment. And l wear sneakers when appropriate-- to the gym or for walking.

Me too on both those. I like fringe a lot but for me personally it doesn't fit my look unless it's understated. And sneakers for me are only used for working in the yard or fitness walking. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@White flowers wrote:

@gardensla I agree with you completely on all of these unflattering fashions. And I'm fairly young at 31 years old. For me, ripped jeans are wrong on so many levels.  It screams of a rich out of touch society ala Marie Antoinette let them eat cake attitude. Look at our bigger world today. I also don't believe many people realize, the amount of water and environmentally unfriendly chemicals it takes to produce denim. Bleach is used to distress denim because it is unbelievably cheap and quick. But it also produces toxic absorbable organic halogens in the wastewater.  I only buy denim at thrift stores.  It is one of my small bits for the environment 

@WhiteFlowers,

I feel the same way about RAYON (from bamboo)! It's sooo toxic to make it. I do not buy or own any of it.Woman Tongue

Respected Contributor

Ripped jeans need to be in the rag bag. I like my gaucho/culottes knee length and usually with a knee high or OTK boot. I had a gold lame top once. Didn't know they were back in style. My 2¢ on this.

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee You are so right about Rayon. I do not buy it either for the same reason. Thank you for letting people know.