Esteemed Contributor

Re: Enjoying Denim & Co. Show With Jill

[ Edited ]

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

That bomber jacket disappeared like crazy !

Contributor

I enjoyed Jill on show today. When Carolyn does show she doesn’ fill you in on length of item , details that you want to know before purchasing. Gary to me is such a waste to qvc.  He is annoying , the constant silliness, laughing at everything, no way that man designs anything. Please QVC keep Jill on Fashion shows. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@piggysue wrote:

I enjoyed Jill on show today. When Carolyn does show she doesn’ fill you in on length of item , details that you want to know before purchasing. Gary to me is such a waste to qvc.  He is annoying , the constant silliness, laughing at everything, no way that man designs anything. Please QVC keep Jill on Fashion shows. 

ITA! Well said. Since Gary took control my D&C purchases have almost halted. Pockets on everything.......next..... pockets on top of pockets! I'm still mad because he discontinued the two leggings (straight leg and slight boot cut) from D&C that I loved. NO POCKETS! I carry a nice bag for that and don't want lumps and bumps on my smooth clothing for my electronic leash and snot rag.. Please keep Jill on the D&C shows and stop the madness of the giggle twins.

Honored Contributor

@piggysue, I agree about Gary, no way is that man a designer!  I think if a model came out wearing a burlap sack, he would act like he designed that, LOL!

Carolyn is always busy draping everything on her body and saying I want this, I have this, blah, blah, blah!

Respected Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

@piggysue wrote:

ITA! Well said. Since Gary took control my D&C purchases have almost halted. Pockets on everything.......next..... pockets on top of pockets! I'm still mad because he discontinued the two leggings (straight leg and slight boot cut) from D&C that I loved. NO POCKETS! I carry a nice bag for that and don't want lumps and bumps on my smooth clothing for my electronic leash and snot rag.. Please keep Jill on the D&C shows and stop the madness of the giggle twins.

Many people like the direction in which Gary has expanded the D&Co line (he's actually been in charge of the line for a fairly long time, long before he started appearing on air), with beach, active, studio, etc. I don't think Gary is the one who decides what is discontinued or reordered -- that falls to the buyers for the line. Jill left the D&Co shows to move on to other projects (like her home/decorating shows, etc.). She still does fashion fairly regularly, but the Tuesday weekly show has become Carolyn and Gary. Of course, you'll never find anyone who is universally loved, but that pairing is actually pretty popular, and I would bet that sales are very good when they're on. I am one who does believe he adds to the presentations, so I like to see him with Carolyn and several other hosts. He is trained in fashion (went to FIT, among other experience), although he may oversee the line more these days rather than actually sitting and desigining individual garments. But he did a design/sketch for the recent "royal wedding" promotion QVC did, and many people liked what he created.