Contributor

Enjoyed hearing memories of Elsa Klensch Style show .. . thank you Sandra Bennett

I enjoy hearing something fun or interesting when I watch -- and tonight I thank Sandra Bennett for her memories of Elsa Klensch and the Elsa Klensch Style show that ran for years on CNN -- it is the type of interesting comment that makes shopping and watching enjoyable. Not just droning on about the products. When the hosts offer something real during their shows -- something as simple as Sandra's comment -- it gets my attention and I do not turn the station -- I linger a while. Sandra is winning the reason I am enjoying watching tonight during PM Style. Less banter is appreciated.

Honored Contributor

Re: Enjoyed hearing memories of Elsa Klensch Style show .. . thank you Sandra Bennett

Yes! I recall Elsa's show! I'll have to Web search for an update.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

Re: Enjoyed hearing memories of Elsa Klensch Style show .. . thank you Sandra Bennett

Loved watching Style with Elsa Klensch every Saturday back then.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

Good job Sandra.

Valued Contributor

Omg, what a nice memory. I used to watch Elsa Klensch with my mother!Smiley Happy
Trusted Contributor

I am pleased to hear this. Missed seeing it. I have always wondered why Snadra didn't do more on the Q. I know she has a family and perhaps was content with the amount of work she got. I do think they began giving her more of a presense starting before Lisa left and certainly even more now. Think she is an exquisite woman and enjoy her. Hope this will continue.

Honored Contributor

I've tended to find Sandra a bit on the dry side and have never been a fan of Amy at all, but their pairing on tonight's PM Style has been a remarkably decent one. Too bad TPTB didn't consider this option before completely revamping the Monday line-up into one that I personally don't find all that compelling... And completely agree, the hosts are and should be more than mere sales clerks. Television is an entertainment medium and so part of the mission needs to be to entertain as they sell. I too thought Sandra's recollection was spot on.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

you can view some of Elsa's contributions on You Tube.

Style with Elsa Klensch Goes Back to The Future - the transition from the '80s to the 90s!

Remember Krizia? Geoffrey Beene?

There's another series: ""Millenial Fashion""

wondering what Fashion will be like in 25 years

Respected Contributor

I loved that show and seldom missed an airing. She even showed fashions that influenced my style.

Honored Contributor

I loved watching that show.