Trusted Contributor

I think Lisa was the better host because she had fashion sense and could explain colors, cut, etc.. in detail. Jayne Brown can do the same because she has a fashion backround. Sandra says a lot of nothing, just goes on about how beautiful and gorgeous everything is, but really doesn't say anything to help the buyer out. I don't know why they chose Shawn since she commonly defers to Issac with basic fashion questions when she does his show which tells me she doesn't know much about fashion or it could be just part of her act. Amy and Courtney at least have fashion sense and can add conversation and interest to presentations.

Respected Contributor

This Monday night fashion show had become so boring that I mostly flipped by, and sometimes forgot to watch at all. I admit, I'm not for watching shopping channels for long periods of time. I made a point to tune in last night, and while there were some products shown I didn't care for, I see where there is a lot more potential to see better merchandise. Hope so. I had the channel on more than usual, so I guess I found it more interesting than in the past.

Honored Contributor
On 3/3/2015 sarahpanda said: I quit when Lisa quit....Just not the enjoyment for me as it use to be. Only good thing about it is I'm saving lots of money!

I'm sort of getting there too... Watching QVC just isn't much fun and really, shopping is supposed to be fun... I found Lisa was usually entertaining. The others, not so much...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor
On 3/3/2015 granddi said:

I have watched the Q since the early 90's and have seen many ending of Q featured hosts and programs. Some of the host/programs were loved more than others. Examples: Kathy Levine leaves, Bob Bowersox let go, Pat DeMentri used to be THE 18K Gold presenter, the passing of Jean Bice and Joan Rivers, KJL, Nolan Miller and now Lisa's departure.

I still watch and shop Q. I shop the Q because of the unique way the products are presented ie explained, modeled or demonstrated. I can understand if someone views the Q as entertainment would be upset if the star of their favorite show departs for another job.Heck I miss Will Garner but I still watch The GoodWife. Cary Argos is no Will for sure!

If you enjoy the Q shopping, Q entertainment, Q community why not give this new "starting line up" a chance to make their own legacy.

Great post granddi.

Frequent Contributor

Good gawd it's a shopping channel!!! Some of you people act like someone died! You know about hosts personal lives and know the models by their name. It just baffles me how you can be so involved with people on tv. What a waste of time!

Frequent Contributor
On 3/3/2015 KringleB said:

Good gawd it's a shopping channel!!! Some of you people act like someone died! You know about hosts personal lives and know the models by their name. It just baffles me how you can be so involved with people on tv. What a waste of time!

Nope, no one died. Just kind of like when a show keeps the character but changes actors. In some cases it works, in others it doesn't. Sometimes it's better to just cancel the show.

When you've heard a models name for years, and the host shares their personal life, of course it's remembered. Not judging your use of time, except maybe what you're spending on a thread that's not for you.

Honored Contributor
On 3/3/2015 Angelfire said:
On 3/3/2015 KringleB said:

Nope, no one died. Just kind of like when a show keeps the character but changes actors. In some cases it works, in others it doesn't. Sometimes it's better to just cancel the show.

When you've heard a models name for years, and the host shares their personal life, of course it's remembered. Not judging your use of time, except maybe what you're spending on a thread that's not for you.

Amen... and I'd add that QVC offered a better product mix in the past, you know, when changes in personnel were easier to overlook because the product was the thing... Well, the products are no longer all that diverse or interesting so yes, of course, some folks are drawn to watch certain hosts and not drawn to watch others. I'd also note that given the level of product repetition now on the Q, there's no longer any reason to watch a host that sets your teeth on edge... The same product is bound to be repeated by someone else down the road.

Super Contributor
On 3/3/2015 luvpoos said:

Geez, the end of an era. When I think of an era, I think of a historical event. Lisa was a host on a shopping channel. Some people are just a little too carried away with their obsession over her. Maybe I am missing something. I think I caught her show once or twice. I had better things to do with my evenings.

So right - I can't believe the adoration some have for a tv salesclerk.

Super Contributor
On 3/3/2015 stevieb said:

Geez, the end of an era. When I think of an era, I think of a historical event. Lisa was a host on a shopping channel. Some people are just a little too carried away with their obsession over her. Maybe I am missing something. I think I caught her show once or twice. I had better things to do with my evenings.

How nice for you... and yet you seem to have found the time to come on and try to diminish the opinions of others about Lisa's departure and the revamped PM Style being the end of an era... No, it certainly doesn't compare to the crumbling of the Berlin wall, but in the annals of QVC history, it is indeed the end of an era...

Thanks for the laugh - {#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
On 3/4/2015 kalikokty said:

So right - I can't believe the adoration some have for a tv salesclerk.

And thank YOU for the chuckle...

Next time I come across a sales clerk making what they make, I'll apply for their job... And incidentally, coming to appreciate someone's presence on TV or otherwise, and missing them when they're gone, doesn't necessarily translate into 'adoration'...