Honored Contributor

What is your opinion of slacks being worn with empty belt loops?

I am not a fan at all.  It looks like they're going to lose their pants.

Latest Collection

Dress Pants With Belt Loops | Gap Factory

Latest Collection

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

What is your opinion of slacks being worn with empty belt loops?

I am not a fan at all.  It looks like they're going to lose their pants.

Latest Collection

Dress Pants With Belt Loops | Gap Factory

Latest Collection

Looks like they never finished dressing to me.  Just a sloppy look. 

Honored Contributor

Someone who doesn't pay attention to detail in her fashion, work, and other areas of her life.  

Doesn't always finish projects.

Honored Contributor

Someone who doesn't live to worry about how they look; doesn't like belts; doesn't need 'em; doesn't wear them.  Somehow I don't associate it with being a bad human being.  But that's just me.

Trusted Contributor

I agree. If you're going to expose the loops then you should wear a belt. Otherwise, it just looks unfinished. Maybe that's an outdated notion.

Honored Contributor

dont care for belts, so i dont wear them.

i dont really tuck anyways, so i cannot imagine that the belt loops are showing, but if they were, i would not care.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

It doesn't have to be a belt. It can be a men's tie, a scarf, a small dressy fanny pack....a long necklace.

Esteemed Contributor

I wear a belt whenever I wear pants where you can see the belt loops...but then I love a great leather belt. I know ladies who don't wear belts because they find them uncomfortable when they sit or just don't like the look of a belt.

I am not sure if I ever saw a women whose pants would fall down without a belt. Men? Yes, I have seen men who wore wrong size pants, had no tush, and needed some way to hold up their pants.

In fact, just this week at a local hospital a guy walked in, stopped to read a sign, and his pants fell to the ground. He casually bent over, pulled them up and pulled his belt very tight. He didn't look embarrassed....but me and the other little old ladies rolled our eyes and tried not to laugh. (He was at least 50...so not some teenager with low riders on).

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

I guess everyone has her pet peeves.  That's not one of mine.  I don't even notice.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor
If I'm not wearing a belt and my slacks have belt loops, I don't tuck my top in... that's just my personal preference.