Esteemed Contributor

Re: Emmys - favorite dresses?

I really liked Jessica Biel's look.

IMG_4777.PNG

When I was looking for her photo, I saw this dress, which I thought was striking (Priyanka Chopra)

IMG_4775.PNG

I was going to also post a photo of Ariel Winters as a "what were you thinking?!?", but decided not to bring down the thread. But, what was she thinking?

Honored Contributor

Emmy Rossum. I love the emerald jewelry with it too, great look. Dress is by Zac Posen.

I loved Emmy's wedding dress this summer too, thought it was gorgeous.

sam-esmail-emmy-rossum-emmys-2017-e0eb94da-0cc2-47b7-beee-28a8c5234372.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Can't watch show except in tiny doses, so thanks for posting these pictures. 

That slinky, tangerine dress on statuesque Viola Davis is perfect for her, and brings back Old Hollywood glam for sure.  Has a Forties vibe, with the folds, and the discreet elegance, (not too revealing), makes me think of Ava Gardner or Lana Turner.

Honored Contributor

Emmy Rossum, wow.  And that emerald ring!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Alter Ego I think Priyanka Chopra is so gorgeous. I think she was a Miss World.

Yes she was Miss World, in 2000.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 - I just looked.  Miss World 2000.  Had no idea she was 35 (or so Wiki says.)

Honored Contributor

I like Michelle Pfieffer's midi black dress and I loved the color of Viola Davis' dress.  The dress worn by the one actress by Chanel in silver was ugly IMO and made her look bigger.  Most of the dresses were boring in color and design.  Sofia V. looked good but she always wears about the same style.  Mark can design a great mermaid dress though.  I will watch Fashion Police tomorrow night.

Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:

IMG_4775.PNG

OMG - I just tuned in and the presenter just walked out in the above dress. Looking at it in a photo does not do anything. It's gorgeous "live"; so much movement in the tail and tasteful sparkle. Love it.

I've been looking at photos on Yahoo News. What the heck was Heidi Klum thinking? She'd be the first to point out a dress that makes the wearer's b**bs look saggy and that's what her dress does.

I like RuPaul's black and white suit!

Occasional Contributor

Viola Davis' dress was beautiful and classy. 

Esteemed Contributor

@sandraskates - I don't think I can remember the last time Heidi Klum looked great at an awards show.  She's always a worst dressed IMO - but I guess it keeps her in the spotlight when so many other people look so good.