Honored Contributor

I didn't want to mess up the other thread about Emmy faves so I thought I'd start a dress for our votes for Emmy's worst dresses.

I saw a lot more dresses last night that I didn't like than I did like.

Julia Louis-Dreyfus always look good but she also always wears the same style of dress.  She looked good again last night but her style has become boring to me. 

I thought Sofia Vegara looked like she was wearing an ill-fitting wedding dress.  That was just bad IMO.

Pryanka Chopra's dress IMO was ugly in still shots and live on the red carpet.  I just didn't care for that at all.

I'm not even sure what to say about Heidi Klum's choice or Ariel Winter's choice. 

Honored Contributor

I almost never watch the award shows in real time.  I record them and watch the next day, fast forwarding through the commercials.   Saves sooo much time.  

Having said that, I did watch the last half hour, and really disliked Debra Messing's dress.   Not only was there WAY too much material, which made her look heavy, but on camera the fabric looked like plastic!  

I googled emmy fashions 2017 before making my comment here, and what came up didn't have actors' names with the photos, so I'm not sure who a lot of them are!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Here are some misses for me.  

Neve Campbell, Rahida Jones, and Samantha Bee

nevcampbell.jpgrashidajones.jpg

samanthabee.jpg

Honored Contributor

The crystal beaded feathers on bottom half of dress in silver by Chanel was ugly.  The woman looked a lot bigger in that dress.

There was a 50's looking mid calf dress in either a cream or very pale pink and the woman had blond hair and she looked all washed out in the color.

Heidi always looks good on her show but never at award shows.  I am not a big fan of red unless the dress is outstanding and Heidi's was boring.

Actually, there were more misses than hits.  Some designers' taste level is questionable.  Cat Tongue

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

The crystal beaded feathers on bottom half of dress in silver by Chanel was ugly.  The woman looked a lot bigger in that dress.

There was a 50's looking mid calf dress in either a cream or very pale pink and the woman had blond hair and she looked all washed out in the color.

Heidi always looks good on her show but never at award shows.  I am not a big fan of red unless the dress is outstanding and Heidi's was boring.

Actually, there were more misses than hits.  Some designers' taste level is questionable.  Cat Tongue

I totally agree @Katcat1.  I remember back in the day when movie stars wore beautiful dresses.  Now they all look alike, which isn't good.

Honored Contributor

It may have been exactly what she wanted, but I didn't like Debra Messing's dress either, and I think she's an amazing looking woman.

I thought the dark green dress was a great look, and the wingy thing on the top of her shoulder echoed the dragonflies and I think butterflies on the fabric. I liked that one but the "critics" didn't. I don't know her name, nor the name of the show she's in.

Honored Contributor

From the pictures I've seen, Reese Witherspoon was the worst dressed.  It looked like her dress didn't show up so she wore what she had on.

Trusted Contributor

I did not watch the whole show but I loved Viola Davis' dress.  I thought the color and everything looked so good on her.

Respected Contributor

lulu2, looks to me like Reese knew she wasn't going to win an award. She usually dresses very nice at this events. She looks HORRIBLE!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Emmy Dress Misses

[ Edited ]

I did not watch.  Just looked at the fashion pictures on the MSN home page.  I agree with the poster that voted for Viola Davis.   Off all the pictures I looked at, Ms. Davis is the one and only look I liked.  

Worst : Jane Fonda !