Regular Contributor

Re: Emmy Awards 2019 Fashions

[ Edited ]

greeneyedlady, I guess because you care. You made the statement & others are making theirs. That's what a forum is about. We all have our ideas of beauty. She's not one for me. 

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I love that Kerry Washington wore pants

092319-LOTD-Kerry-Washington-embedd.jpg

She looks gorgeous!

Esteemed Contributor

Well, some dresses were lovely but how many cleavages all the way to one's belly button can one person  view in the same night.  The  young lady in the green dress pictured looked like a 12 yr old   naked , guess the seams hide  some of her bare chest.

Esteemed Contributor

Kristen Bell  - was she trying out for a role in the remake of Cleopatra ?

Esteemed Contributor

The 2 pink bows look  to  to ... dowdy & ugly

Esteemed Contributor

Good memory to comapre it to the curtains Carole Burnett wore !!

Esteemed Contributor

you're right abt that. One of the few who didn't have it all hanging out . I thought there would be a fashion malfunction by one of them wearing a split front dress.

I was trying to figure out who was having more trouble walking out - Kendal or Kim since their dresses were tight & high heels

Esteemed Contributor

looks like her bath robe  hanging off her

Esteemed Contributor

I usually like animal prints but maybe these 2 dresses were not the most flattering

Honored Contributor

I agree, I didn't like Mandy Moore's top of dress.  Her hair I thought was beautiful.  Not harsh, just flowing waves.

I'm not a prude.  However, I think it's nice when women don't have their boobs hanging out.  It looks like if some of them sneeze the (how do I put this) brown part of the boob would be exposed.

It also makes it easier to tell they are fake boobs when they show so much.  It sometimes looks to two grapefruits sitting on a chest (too round on a flat area).

My daughter used to work for famous plastic surgeons in D.C.  She eventually got implants.  She'd always talk about putting under the muscle and over it.  Her's are under the muscle (I'm going from memory on what she'd say).  Her's look very natural.

The country is so screwed up when it comes to women's boobs.  The women don't have a problem with them hanging all out but they act like they're upset if a guy or girl stares at them.......  

I think there's something to be said for leaving a little to the imagination.  I know they use glue, etc but I can't tell you (and I know all of you have seen it) when some "starlet" is wearing a hang-out boob outfit and the material bends and you can see everything.  It's just not attractive.

I didn't watch the awards (people giving each other awards turns me way way off).  But (like many of you) I do and did see many of the gowns.

I thought LaVerne Cox (who was the first person Guilliane interviewed looked beautiful.  Her gown was beautiful.  I like her.  I thought that guy she was with was interesting....but I thought it was interesting what they were calling attention to.  Two sides to everything.

71st Emmy Awards - Arrivals : News Photo