Esteemed Contributor

Re: Embroidered Napkin Cotton Shirt

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I do like the idea of recycling old fabric, and using sentimental items to do that.

I don't think that is what is going on here.  It's a look.  Not for me. It is designed to look like a bowling shirt.

Respected Contributor

Kind of stupid-looking.

Honored Contributor

l love the kind of cross stich embroidery on the sleeve! But I don't care for the rest of the shirt.  Years ago I had a summer dress which was white, a kind of light cotton material and it had this type of embellishment on it, and I adored it and wore it all the time! Very delicate looking.  Maybe that's why I don't think it looks great on the boxy styling of the camp shirt.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I really like this shirt.  I think its interesting and the details are pretty - front AND back.

I like these bowling shirt styles because they give my upper body some bulk.  Being built like an ironing board I need the fabric.  Woman Frustrated

Tory Burch offered a handkerchief tunic blouse last year that was quite beautiful with the delicate embroidery running thru the delicate cotton that was pieced together just so.  Another pricey shirt but it was so beautiful and a little more feminine than this one.

I like it, just not sure about that price.  I think if it cost half as much, that would be more appropriate.  But I'm sure the blouse is prettier in person than a photo could provide.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

Interesting idea but it's not for me, especially at that price. I'd be afraid to wear it!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

This appeals to me.  I think I might make something like that.  I think it would be great made out of just white and ivory pieces with just touches of color in embroidery or lace from the tablecloths or napkins.

I have made several infinity scarfs out of vintage handkerchiefs.  I have one I made out of all white handkerchiefs that have different lace trims.  And I have one that is mostly pink floral handkerchiefs and one with mostly blues.  It's fun to look for vintage pieces at flea markets and estate sales and repurpose them.

Honored Contributor

It looks like a bowling shirt for an elderly bowling team.

Not a fan.  Perhaps a front tuck could make it somewhat redeemable.

Honored Contributor

I like the idea of reusing old fabrics, but I don't care for the design or shape of this shirt.

Honored Contributor

Even if I could afford this blouse I wouldn't buy it.  I am not a fan of the design, not for me.