Honored Contributor

Re: Ellie Goulding's Wedding Dress

She'scertainly a beautiful girl and a beautiful bride but I hated that dress.  It had a  Little House on the Prairie vibe to it.  She was swathed in fabric from head to toe and all that embellishment just made it worse.  I actually laughed at the picture of her with her bridesmaids who, for some odd reason, were all swathed from neck to toes in a heavy white fabric.   

Honored Contributor

she is beautiful, but that dress does nothing for her. it is definitely not a great look for a young person. i think she is way too covered up and old fashioned looking.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Ellie had three other looks for her reception. Ralph and Russo, Stella McCartney, and Balmain

This photo is from the reception, posted by this musician who performed

69326640_1241746039329561_480857610919782726_n.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Ellie had three other looks for her reception. Ralph and Russo, Stella McCartney, and Balmain

This photo is from the reception, posted by this musician who performed

69326640_1241746039329561_480857610919782726_n.jpg

@Greeneyedlady21 

Wow, wow, wow!  That is an amazing, amazing look!!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Ellie is absolutely stunning.  That first photo of her she reminds me of the beautiful late Sharon Tate.  The dress is nice but not as stunning as the bride.

Cressida must throw out those shoes unless wearing a simple smock to a garden party or jeans, or shorts. 

As far as Katy, mercy either hold back on the cupcake intake or never wear that coat again with anything.  Even if she is on the arm of Orlando.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I actually like parts of her dress........It is a bit much, but also very ethereal looking as well. She is beautiful! Katy Perry looks much better to me with darker hair, and I did not care for her dress or her coat or shoes-not at all! Cressida definitely needed to have different shoes for that occasion.......Katy Perry is so pretty, but to me on this photo very unrecognizable......Fergie looked ok, but why black? Daughters looked ok, but for the most part they need to hire stylists!!!!!I really didn't care for the bridesmaids all in white-not liking that at all. 

Respected Contributor

I think the dress is very pretty in an old fashioned way. I dont find Ellie to be beautiful, but she looks very pretty and natural here. I like the look. It is tradition for the bridesmaids to wear white in England. Pippa did.
Trusted Contributor

Love this modest wedding dress - I am so incredibly tired of those corseted, lingerie-like Pnina Tornai gowns on "Say Yes To The Dress." I hope this is part of a trend back to more classic sillouettes.

I prefer elegant dresses that stand the test of time.