Honored Contributor

The company was acquired in 2002 by Liz Claiborne, Inc. and became a wholly owned subsidiary of that company.

And this is all we need to know.

Pass.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

THose pictures are NOTHING like the Ellen Tracy I purchased in the mid to late 80's. OMG, the quality, the fabric that was used....gorgeous. The line was featured in the same section as Anne Klein, Claude Montana, Donna Karan.....

Those were the days. *heavy, heavy sigh*

@SahmIam Ellen Tracy was the first suit(s) I bought when I was stepping up in the corporate world.  I thought I was the be all and end all as the suits had a double vent in the back as opposed to the single vent.  I can still remember purchasing them at Marshall Field's and they so carefully wrapped them in tissue and placed them in a box . . . good times . . . Smiley Happy Heart

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

There is an item loaded today- a caftan.

Ellen Tracy Silky Smooth Jersey Knit Long Caftan - A289773

http://www.qvc.com/Ellen-Tracy-Silky-Smooth-Jersey-Knit-Long-Caftan.product.A289773.html?sc=PRODFEED

Thank you for posting this @lolakimono and this is not directed at you but for me if this is what they intend to present under the Ellen Tracy label I am rather confused as for those that enjoyed that label back in the day (at least for me) would have a hard time tying this back to what the brand was.  I guess I am curious as to why they are trying to re-invent this brand if that makes sense?

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono,  You need to go to Ellen Tracy website.  There are some beautiful pieces.  There is a simple red dress with elbow sleeves that is awesome.  You photos look like loungewear to me.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Ellen Tracy

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam,  I totally agree with you.  I wore her pieces in the 80's and early/mid 90's.  The clothes were beautiful.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Thank you for posting this @lolakimono and this is not directed at you but for me if this is what they intend to present under the Ellen Tracy label I am rather confused as for those that enjoyed that label back in the day (at least for me) would have a hard time tying this back to what the brand was.  I guess I am curious as to why they are trying to re-invent this brand if that makes sense?

@momtochloe

I don't really have any interest in the brand either way, but from the video it looks like the vendor is the one who reps for Carole Hochman, so perhaps it will be replacing her line with the lounge/at home pieces?

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, @lolakimono, Shawn announced in the second showing ET would be bringing lounge/sleep wear. The first appearance Shawn misspoke and announced the whole line would be coming to the Q.

Honored Contributor

How dissapointing that Ellen Tracy is only designing loungewear & sleepwear.     Cat Mad

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

How dissapointing that Ellen Tracy is only designing loungewear & sleepwear.     Cat Mad

Yes! Those loungewear pieces are easy to fit the masses and the pricepoints work well for most of the Q shoppers. The original line very tailored and great fabrics ...fitted and some $$ ....not so much for the average Q customer . Nordstrom's has great sales on this line.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono wrote:

And two more-

These items were both shown during the Shawn Saturday accessories show. Both are loungewear/swimsuit coverup clothes. The short one would be OK for wearing as a top with capri jeans or leggings though.

A289774 for the long version caftan

http://www.qvc.com/Ellen-Tracy-Silky-Smooth-Long-Caftan-with-Bib-Detail.product.A289774.html

A289776 for the short version caftan

http://www.qvc.com/Ellen-Tracy-Silky-Smooth-Short-Caftan-with-Bib-Detail.product.A289776.html