Honored Contributor

Shawn just mentioned that Ellen Tracy is going to be part of the Q family.  I hope Ellen will design for the Q customers at a lower rate.  I wore her clothes when I was working and always waited for sales.  The clothes last forever and are comparable with Louis.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Shawn just mentioned that Ellen Tracy is going to be part of the Q family.  I hope Ellen will design for the Q customers at a lower rate.  I wore her clothes when I was working and always waited for sales.  The clothes last forever and are comparable with Louis.  Cat Very Happy

I think she meant the brand; I don't think there is an "Ellen Tracy."

Honored Contributor

@jonbon,  I am well aware of that but I did not feel like using the whole name in my sentences.  It still is designer clothes.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

There was never an "Ellen Tracy".

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1,Loved Ellen Tracy too.  Care to share a bowl of popcorn?

Trusted Contributor

Jewel22 wrote:

There was never an "Ellen Tracy".

... ? ... please explain ... thanks.

@Janey2, according to Wikipedia: 'Founded by Herbert Gallen in 1949, Ellen Tracy is a clothing manufacturer selling to the international market. Its annual volume now exceeds $150 million. The company has three divisions, the Linda Allard for Ellen Tracy signature collection of career wear, the Ellen Tracy Dresses and Company by Ellen Tracy. Revlon has also produced an Ellen Tracy perfume.'

History: 'As a result of wartime restrictions during World War II, fabric became difficult to find and Herbert Gallen recognized that this was a chance for him. He got fabric from a friend and produced several blouses which he took to major department stores on Manhattan's 34th Street. He sold all of the sample blouses and started a clothing line using his wife's name, Betty Barr, for the label.He opened a showroom on Third Avenue at the time. Then, with financial backing from Mike Brawer, Gallen formed a new company in 1949 which he called Ellen Tracy. In 1962, he hired recent college graduate Linda Allard as his design assistant and within two years, she was named Director of Design. The company was acquired in 2002 by Liz Claiborne, Inc. and became a wholly owned subsidiary of that company.

Super Contributor

Good news for all who are asking for something new

and different on the Q...not the same old .. same old ....

Trusted Contributor

I hope this is true, I had a few ET Pieces and they were very nice quality and pricey back in the day.  I hope the line comes to the Q with the same high fashion and does not "dumb" it down in the fashion style.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

The high end Ellen Tracey line closed years ago, and the name was licensed, it has been sold in off price stores here.

it's always good to see new brands at QVC they need something that is not so casual

Honored Contributor

Wow the name Ellen Tracy takes me back to the 1960's way before the time I wore "adult" clothes I can remember my Mom having some of "her" items.

I just googled the line and the items look very nice. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.