Esteemed Contributor

Re: Elizabeth Taylor Fashion

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

Here's an interesting tidbit.....

"Taylor's eyes in particular drew attention; they were blue to the extent of appearing violet, and were rimmed by dark double eyelashes, caused by a genetic mutation called distichia.  A distichia is an eyelash that arises from an abnormal spot on the eyelid. This abnormality, attributed to a genetic mutation, is known to affect dogs and humans."

Source:  WIKI

@Mz iMac  That helps to explain her mesmerizing, beautiful eyes! Just think, today women PAY for extra full lashes like that.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

This is one woman who knew how to pose.  I love the first dress on her and also fond of the halter dress.  She was really a small woman.

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Wow - just - Wow!  That face alone!  She definitely had the whole package!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Here's an interesting tidbit.....

"Taylor's eyes in particular drew attention; they were blue to the extent of appearing violet, and were rimmed by dark double eyelashes, caused by a genetic mutation called distichia.  A distichia is an eyelash that arises from an abnormal spot on the eyelid. This abnormality, attributed to a genetic mutation, is known to affect dogs and humans."

Source:  WIKI

My little dog had that..he had to have surgery because his eyelahes were scratching his eyes! It must not have bothered Elizabeth..her eyes were mesmerizing...what a beauty!! Heart

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@emmygrace wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Elizabeth-Taylor-in-red-dress-827x1024.jpg

elizabeth-taylor-green-chiffon-dress-1.jpg

Look at her tiny waist!!!!!!!! Heart

Could her waist be any smaller?!?!  What a figure!  Such a beauty! So talented!

Quite a life with many ups and downs.... many husbands.... repeated husbands....even stolen husbands 😄.

I know...I think Michael Todd was her greatest love...I don't think she ever got over losing him..! They had just had a baby too..! Ever notice how many beautiful women experience tragedy in their lives???? I think of Grace Kelly..Marilyn Monroe..Jackie Kennedy...

Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

Feminine, elegant, glamorous, and simply beautiful!

Isn't amazing how women could look sexy and classy at the same time.  Now women think they have to barely cover up.  I love the fashion back then.  Dresses were lovely.  They didn't have to wear stilettos either.

Respected Contributor

She is just mesmerizing.  Certainly in these photos and on-screen, its hard to take your eyes off of her because she is just so gorgeous - her coloring and bone structure, mouth, nose and eyes.  The dark hair.  Another gene pool winner here.

I like her in the white dress or maybe its sort of a light trench coat with the collar turned up. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing