Honored Contributor

i think this looks nice on the model.......for me, not so much. cant do the heels that high anymore, the vest is too bulky looking for me, and pants with pockets dont work for me (i prefer a smooth line.)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: Elegant holiday style

[ Edited ]

The woman in the picture looks great.  Love the pants and high heels (although I can't wear heels).  Her hair is beautiful color and cut.  That is how a senior woman shows that she is confident.  She does not look older because of the color of her hair IMOI am salt & pepper and love it.  It's how you dress and present yourself.  Yes, the outfit is beautiful for the holidays.  Cat Very Happy 

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

That outfit is so ME!  Love it - varied blue pants, fur vest, silver broach, etc.  (except, I'd wear a lower heel)  @Perkup, that's my hair too.  The cut, the style, and silvery color.   Thanks for this photo - I love everything about it.   Not just a holiday look though - could be for all winter months.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Love the pants.

I think those earrings are wrong for the outfit; I think they should be more understated or nix the broach...

Esteemed Contributor

I think those pants are beautiful and look so much better on her than how they are featured on Talbot's website.  Not liking the mock neck 3/4 sleeve sweater so much.  Maybe a long sleeve turtleneck would look better and more appropriate for the climate in which I live and especially paired with a faux fur vest.  

@peachesncream  Fun thread!

Honored Contributor

I'm not diggin' the shoes.

They cheapen the outfit.

M.a.y.b.e. If they were solid black pumps or

even a sandal w/ a thin strap across the toes & around the ankle.