Respected Contributor

I just purged some t-shirts that were no longer flattering now that my upper arms aren't something I care to display. They were short-sleeved or cap-sleeved but now I'm finding that I look better in elbow-length sleeves. I've been looking online and I guess I must be Goldilocks because none of them seem right. I want one that has a fairly close-fitting crew neck, close-fitting sleeves and is somewhat fitted, not boxy. The ones I've seen either have a deep v-neck, a wide scoop-neck or a boat or bateau neckline. Also, most of the elbow-length sleeves seem to be quite baggy i.e. in some styles from Quacker Factory or LLBean. I'm fairly slim and boxy tees with baggy sleeves make me look like I'm wearing a hospital gown or my husband's tee! Do any of you know where I can find what I'm looking for? TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Elbow-sleeve t-shirts

[ Edited ]

@Texasmouse

I thought I had some from JCP for you until I re-read you don't like boat neck.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

@Texasmousewrote:

I just purged some t-shirts that were no longer flattering now that my upper arms aren't something I care to display. They were short-sleeved or cap-sleeved but now I'm finding that I look better in elbow-length sleeves. I've been looking online and I guess I must be Goldilocks because none of them seem right. I want one that has a fairly close-fitting crew neck, close-fitting sleeves and is somewhat fitted, not boxy. The ones I've seen either have a deep v-neck, a wide scoop-neck or a boat or bateau neckline. Also, most of the elbow-length sleeves seem to be quite baggy i.e. in some styles from Quacker Factory or LLBean. I'm fairly slim and boxy tees with baggy sleeves make me look like I'm wearing a hospital gown or my husband's tee! Do any of you know where I can find what I'm looking for? TIA

@Texasmouse

These are my thoughts exactly.  I will look around, and let you know.  I started buying elbow sleeve tops 2 years ago, and am always on the look out for them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Elbow-sleeve t-shirts

[ Edited ]

Are you amenable to any place other than QVC?  I have some that you describe that I purchased from LLBean,and I think they carry their basic T's year in and year out as long as they are selling.  I love the pima cotton T-s which do not wrinkle and I find they have several different neck/sleeve styles available.

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse, yes, I think you need to look elsewhere. You might check out the Loft, J. Crew, The Gap, Talbots, Nordstrom for starters.  Oh, and I saw this online at a site called Everlane, of which I am not familiar. But the description for this tee says that it fits close to the body:

Maybe check that site out as well.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse, check out J. Jill. Here's a cute top that comes in solids and prints. It has a ballet-sleeve, so just a tiny but longer:

Image for Wearever Crew-Neck Ballet-Sleeve Top                                                                                             from JJill

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I posted some pics in another "elbow sleeve length" thread, but you may not like the neckline.  Here's one from Nordstrom, but not sure what you think of the

neckline.  Caslon is the brand, cotton modal, and priced $26.  It's also a longer length, which I like, but I know not everyone does.  Several shades of blue, pink, black.

Image result for nordstrom caslon elbow sleeve tee

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

Now if I could combine the neckline on @suzyQ3's pic with the one @I like celery posted, I'd have the perfect tee! 😊

Respected Contributor

Here's one of the pics I posted in the other thread, but you may not like the scoop neckline.  It's from Target, and marked down to $5!  It's cotton modal, but I think it's a "polished cotton." It's also available in white.

Image result for elbow length tight shirt

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

@I like celery

If it had a higher neckline, this would be perfect too. This is my dilemma. I can't seem to find one that has all the elements I'm looking for. 

@I like celerywrote:

Here's one of the pics I posted in the other thread, but you may not like the scoop neckline.  It's from Target, and marked down to $5!  It's cotton modal, but I think it's a "polished cotton." It's also available in white.

Image result for elbow length tight shirt