Respected Contributor

I was flipping channels yesterday and caught a Quaker Factory t shirt being presented.  The name of the item is an elbow sleeve tee.  But, it was clearly at least  5-6 inches above the elbow on all 3 people wearing it.  QVC could reduce their returns if they start naming their items correctly.  Something is not elbow sleeve if it does not reach the elbow.....this tee is short sleeved, not elbow.   Just my pet peeve.

Respected Contributor

Probably would work if they simply use the term short sleeve.

Honored Contributor

Like everything related to beauty or fashion, words mean nothing to me.

Just like that thread about a Texas tuxedo.

I get your point, but the labels are confusing.

It's fine with me, I buy less.

Simply saying "short sleeve" must now have an old fashioned connotation.

Honored Contributor

Returns happen because shoppers listen to the words and they don't pay enough attention to the items and they don't go online and read the descriptions.  If I saw that, I wouldn't have been bothered at all.  My eyes would have told me that the shirt is really a short sleeve top so it doesn't matter what the host is saying.

Honored Contributor

Most of the models are very tall with long arms.  What is short sleeved on them would be elbow length on me.  Elbow length is actually a little above the elbow.  It would be bothersome to have it right at the bend of the elbow.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Returns happen because shoppers listen to the words and they don't pay enough attention to the items and they don't go online and read the descriptions.  If I saw that, I wouldn't have been bothered at all.  My eyes would have told me that the shirt is really a short sleeve top so it doesn't matter what the host is saying.

@chrystaltree

I agree with your conclusion.